Call of Juarez

steviebwoy

Yehaaaar, it does looks quite good eh!

Can you ride around on horses too? And what's the story mode like?

Also, does the multiplayer have interiors as well, or is it just ghost towns and deserts to run around in?

Certainly sounds different, never a bad thing in my book :)

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Is this the game where half the time you play as a preacher with bible in hand smiting people down with the word of the lord?

Or am i thinking of a different wild west shooter :confused:

Barry the Brave

Is this the game where half the time you play as a preacher with bible in hand smiting people down with the word of the lord?

Or am i thinking of a different wild west shooter :confused:

That's the one. I played the PC demo and it was pretty good fun actually. It has some wierd bullet time effect if I remember rightly.

CeeJay775

I dont mind if thes a preacher i'm sure hes got a six shooter, its the MP i'm more interested in, unless were going to run around with bibles smacking eachother round the head with them. Hey maybe that would be fun, who knows.:)

CeeJay775

Preachers? Bibles? :eek:

I've suddenly lost interest!
Call of Juarez is a unique first-person shooter set in the classic Wild West. Call of Juarez features classic gunslinging action including duels, shootouts and barroom brawls. Players relive the days of the Wild West in numerous settings including local saloons and brothels. In the single-player campaign, players enter the world of two opposing characters equipped with contrasting weapons and styles. Ray is the retired gunslinger turned rough-and-tumble preacher. Billy, a sneaky and elusive man befriended and trained by Native Americans, is on the run. Authentic Western situations chronicle the cat-and-mouse game played by Ray and Billy. Players are forced to make split-second decisions to escape the grasp of Ray or get their hands on Billy, and outwit secondary characters throughout this Western setting. Call of Juarez leverages Techland's Chrome game engine which allows players to use objects found in the world as weapons or tools to solve problems. Graphics, artificial intelligence and multiplayer features will immerse players in the Wild West like never before.

Dont count it out on the strenth of a preacher, looks quite interesting to me.:)

Edit, was just reading up on the MP side of things, 2 modes include skirmish and robbery, I dont know quite what they are but the robbery one could be cool, also the PC Avg reviews are 76%. The 360 version is ment to have been enhanced in every part of the game, could be brilliant this, wild west multiplayer shootouts and bar room brawls I am really looking forward to this now.:thumbsup:

MANGABOY

If anyone wants some decent wild west action to keep them goin in the meantime I'd reccomend picking up Gun. Excellent game, I've already completed it on hard and insane but will still go through it a couple more times its that enjoyable. Can pick it up for £9.95 from the Gamescollection

SirDoss

I love the Wild West and have though for a long time there has been a lack of decent games set in that time (I really enjoyed Gun). Bring it on I say.

KevG123

Fingers crossed this turns out to be a good one

Could really do with something new and different..but still FPS

:lease:

steviebwoy

Has there been any further mention of this game? I've got it down as an early June release date but haven't heard sight nor sound of it for a good while. Vids/ demo would be good! :)

MonkeyMessiah

Standard Member
Check out Gamespot.com, they have a couple of videos there, looks pretty cool. (can't post links, at work :) )

steviebwoy

Nice one, will have a look tonight, thanks mate :)

Does anyone know whether this will be online split-screen?

steviebwoy

The horse-riding elements look pretty funny, but the shooting looks a bit weird with the arching targets.

Might be worth a look, shedloads of maps and game modes too. It doesn't mention whether you can have more than one player per console online though, nor whether the story mode is available in co-op. Both crucial factors for me!

greektony

Big :( I can't check this out from work because of the firewall here. When is it out in the US? Will it be region free?

benmango

This must be out soon, if websites are already giving reviews? Whats it s release date?
The review is for the PC version - they're releasing a completely upgraded and updated version of the game for the 360 and also again on the PC August this year!

On the strengths of the videos alone on Gamespot I'm quite excited :)

The review is for the PC version - they're releasing a completely upgraded and updated version of the game for the 360 and also again on the PC August this year!

On the strengths of the videos alone on Gamespot I'm quite excited :)

The 360 version has the following exclusives:

New Single-Player Modes (Xbox 360 Exclusive): 3 new levels playing as Billy - no sneaking and hiding, but in full gunslinger mode!

Graphical & Technical Boost (Xbox 360 Exclusive): HDR textures, more realistic lighting on vegetation, better FX rendering and solid frame rate (40 FPS vs 20 FPS on PC).

Enhanced AI (Xbox 360 Exclusive): A refined AI provides a realistic gameplay experience, with more reactive NPCs. Players encounter enemies with individual skills, who use their environments to their advantage, employ suppressive fire and work together as a group to shoot them down.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone