• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed the first COJ game but the 2nd was :rolleyes:. This trailer has me interested. Sure its not the old west anymore, but if the areas are as open as the trailer suggests, it could be just what I've been waiting for since a none pc release of RDR.

[youtube]ZzVOwTLnVFM[/youtube]

Out this summer too :smashin:

namuk

Distinguished Member
Love the COJ series, but this looks more Saints Row type of game now, class :thumbsup:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel | Ubisoft

Features.
Hunt down the Cartel and experience the lawlessness of the modern Wild West as you journey from Los Angeles to Juarez.
3-Player Co-Op: Play the 15-mission campaign mode solo or with up to 2 friends.
Triple the replay value: Play the entire campaign with each of the 3 characters.
Game play variety including punitive raids, witness protection, tough interrogations, undercover missions, car chases and more.
Choose between 30 weapons including pistols, revolvers, sub

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Nice. Think I'd go through solo on first play, then ramp up the difficulty and play with a couple of mates. Just hope the maps are as open as they look there, and the vehicle handling similar to GTA4 or Mafia 2 :smashin:.

Member 513627

Saw the trailer for this yesterday, it has me interested.

It does remind me a lot of GTA though, the characters are also a little clichéd but they were in the previous ones too so that's ok.

Do you know the release date?

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Looks quite interesting - I think the co-op could be really good.

Gives me a couple of months to get 2 friends :rolleyes:

:D

semiskimmed

Distinguished Member
yes but if you compare western styled games to the american street or thug-life style games, the latter has been overdone imo.
i really enjoyed the first games, im just a little sad theyve gone in this direction. another 70's styled game like vice city would have been an improvement :laugh:

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
yes but if you compare western styled games to the american street or thug-life style games, the latter has been overdone imo.
i really enjoyed the first games, im just a little sad theyve gone in this direction. another 70's styled game like vice city would have been an improvement :laugh:
True, I would have preferred an old west style game, but I still think this might be a good mix - really depends how much is in each backdrop (hopefully as much in the desert). Btw, just for accuracy, Vice city was a hommage to the 80's/miami vice era :). If you want something truly set in the 70's (at least half of it), it would be Driver - Parallel Lines.

PocketBunny

Hi, hope its ok if i hijack this thread temporarily.

I just started playing through the first game and there is a bit where you get a cannon and a bunch 'blue-bellies' are trying to cross the river on rafts. im trying to pop them as they are crossing the river, but seem to be unable to hit them.

Am i doing this wrong, or am i just a crap shot?

eiren

Distinguished Member
Hi, hope its ok if i hijack this thread temporarily.

I just started playing through the first game and there is a bit where you get a cannon and a bunch 'blue-bellies' are trying to cross the river on rafts. im trying to pop them as they are crossing the river, but seem to be unable to hit them.

Am i doing this wrong, or am i just a crap shot?

That's the second game, and yes you are a crap shot. :laugh:

Try to anticipate where they are going rather than aiming straight at them.

PocketBunny

oops :blush:

didnt realise it was the second. must admit ive never given this series a look, and only have this because it was in the ubisoft pack.

Ok will give that approach a punt :)

stument

Distinguished Member
Have to agree does look very SR, could be fun though

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom