Call of Duty Season Pass @ Game

MrKennedy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

I'm posting here as you guys give such good advice and there is such a broad range of knowledge here.. Right so, here is my dilemma.

I visited GAME (high street store) yesterday, I went in to buy the call of duty advanced warefare dlc season pass for £34.99 for my Playstation4. I picked up the dlc tag from the shelf went to the till, paid all fine until I got out the store checked and outside realised they've given me the ps3 version. Upon going back on I realised I had taken the wrong code tag up to the till (I didn't even know there were seperate tags for ps3/ps4.. I required a ps4 one.

anyway I asked to exchange, he asked store manager and when he came back said nothing could be done (no exchange, no refund, nothing) and that I had to take the issue up with Activision! So after getting nowhere I left the store and waited until 7pm to talk on live chat with Activision, they said (as expected) the issue led with the retailer I bought it from and that they cant do much...

I was debating complaining to head office of Game about this as I've now wasted £35 on a useless code. Of course I understand the issue to a degree, I bought a code which once my eyes have seen is now mine for use only but surely this is majorly dodgy grounds from a retailer/consumer pov.. And surely this is common problem with parents and people who don't know different tags exist for dlc on different consoles.. The major let down is that the staff member who sold it to me never asked which console i required it for.... If buying a code from them is such a lock/throw away the key forever scenario surely this should be a question asked by staff to the consumer?

I hope anyone can help me out with this.

thanks!

Last edited:
If it's beyond all doubt that you have not used the tag (I assume it's some sort of number/ letter combination printed on a card like Xbox live?) then at the very least they should be doing a one for one swap/ store credit or something!

I could understand their dilemma completely if the code has been 'compromised' for want of a better word, i.e. you could have texted the code to someone, then taken the card/ tag back to the shop, and they could then sell it on to and unsuspecting customer. But if it's tamper-proof (surely it is), and this tamper-proof is intact, then I'd use that fact to argue your case with the 17 year old, shifty-eyed, acne-riddled Senior Manager of your branch...Or cut your losses, take the hit, and flog it on eBay for £30.

If it's anything like the Game codes I've had before, it's printed on the receipt? In which case it's pretty difficult to return it as unused. If it was a "scratch off" type card to reveal the code it probably wouldn't be a problem.

It's not a good system overall, but I can see why you can't return it if it is the type that's printed on the receipt.

Could you contact Sony? They can see that the code hasn't been used against your account and possibly give you a code for PS4. If not, it might be possible to use the PS3 code and download the PS4 version, EA/Sony allow Battlefield 4 users to buy premium on PS3 and transfer it to PS4.

Almost sure that COD is crossplay between PS3 and PS4. So redeeming the code should work on both system's. Also nearly every time I've bought a season pass/map pack card in store, the code wasn't an unlock key but was the cost of the season pass in credit.

Edit: crossplay only applies to digital copys of the game.

Last edited:
I'd use that fact to argue your case with the 17 year old, shifty-eyed, acne-riddled Senior Manager of your branch...
This is probably why they don't always ask questions :D
I have been in Game many times and seen people absolutely destroy the staff when they have asked them a simple question. "Do you think I'm stupid ? " and all that ;)

Without turning his into a moan about Game 'experts' my favourite experience was asking how much a wireless Xbox 360 controller for PC would cost as they no longer put them on the shelves and being told categorically that Microsoft don't make them.

I bought it from Amazon on my iPhone 30 seconds later for less than Game wanted for the cheaper wired version.

I hope you paid via debit or credit card. Cancel the transaction and screw Game for being so arsey!

There has to be a valid reason to get your money back via cards, they don't just issue them for fun. And why screw Game over? They haven't actually done anything wrong here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom