BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

As the thread title suggests, I'm looking at pre ordering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I've always played Call of Duty on the PlayStation, now I have have both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox series X, I was wondering which console Call of Duty plays better on?

In case anyone hasn't seen the Call of Duty World Reveal Trailer, here it is :)

Thanks in Advance

gibbletts

I'd say they're both about the same, I've always played cod on xbox because I find the offset thumbsticks easier to deal with for fps but it depends what you're used to. Hopefully this cod is the same as the last modern warfare multiplayer as the last 2 cod iterations have been awful.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
I'd say they're both about the same, I've always played cod on xbox because I find the offset thumbsticks easier to deal with for fps but it depends what you're used to. Hopefully this cod is the same as the last modern warfare multiplayer as the last 2 cod iterations have been awful.
Hi

Thanks for your input :) If I were to pre order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox Series X, would I get billed straight away or just a few days before release?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

gibbletts

Hi

Thanks for your input :) If I were to pre order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox Series X, would I get billed straight away or just a few days before release?

Thanks in Advance

Tbh I don't think I've ever preordered anything on xbox I'm assuming it would be the same as playstation where they charge straight away but I could be wrong it should tell you before you confirm the purchase, that being said its a bit easier to get refunds out of Microsoft than Sony so you should be OK.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
It depends if you like the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback. On hell let loose you know when to reload as just a minor bit of pressure on the trigger will let you know if there's a bullet in the chamber or not. It's so cool, especially when laying prone and the vibration builds up in the controller as a tank gets nearer and moves from one side to the other as it passes by. It's very well done and the best use of haptics alongside Astro's Playroom.
So yes I'd buy it for ps5 but apart from that it'll be pretty much the same on both I'd imagine..
Maybe buy it on the format that has the most SSD space? You'll probably need it.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
If you have both consoles I'd wait for the inevitable Digital Foundry comparison.

Personally I'd go with Xbox though as I don't like the layout or trigger shape on PS controllers for FPS games.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just out of curiousity, does the Xbox Elite II Controller have Adaptive Triggers, or is it just the PS5 Controller that has Adaptive Triggers?

Thanks in Advance

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just out of curiousity, does the Xbox Elite II Controller have Adaptive Triggers, or is it just the PS5 Controller that has Adaptive Triggers?

Thanks in Advance

All Xbox One/Series controllers have rumble motors in the triggers, but they're not haptic like the PS5. The Elite v1 and v2 do have trigger locks though, which are super handy in shooters. The downside to the Elite models however is they're known for having poor build quality.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
All Xbox One/Series controllers have rumble motors in the triggers, but they're not haptic like the PS5. The Elite v1 and v2 do have trigger locks though, which are super handy in shooters. The downside to the Elite models however is they're known for having poor build quality.
Hi

What are Trigger Locks?

Thanks in Advance

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Hi

What are Trigger Locks?

Thanks in Advance

Little switches that allow you to shorten the travel of the trigger. The V1 has two settings and the V2 has 3.

1655470240954.png

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom