Call of Duty patch probs

Canary_Jules

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just installed Call of Duty Patch 1.4 and keep getting blue screen of death. I can play for anything between 5 and 20 minutes ok but then PC freezes on a blue screen and I have to hard reboot. I've updated to the latest Catalyst drivers to no avail. Any one else had problems with this?

Cheers

Jules

Try un checking the vpu recovery box in the settings menu for your display configs or disabling fast writes. That works for a lot of people:)

Cheers Hawklord. I tried that with no success. Activision support just scratch their heads when I call their tech support. It's so frustrating. I played COD perfectly well with the 1.1 patch and then got bored with the maps so I stopped playing for a while. Now that I want to play the new maps with patch 1.4 I keep getting blue screens.

Activision are now suggesting switching off my Norton while playing.

Jules

i had the same problem but it was my computer that was playing up i just reinstalled windows and then it worked after that.

I have given up. Both single and multiplayer keep blue screening. Activision don't seem to have a clue and besides it seems that I have tried every remedy on every forum. Shame, I played the game endlessly with the 1.1 patch with rock solid reliability. I changed my motherboard and chip and now it refuses to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom