call of duty older titles

gazster

Novice Member
hi i noticed where on some of the older call of duty titles that it wouldn't save multiplayer progress and everytime you return your back to level 1 and some games just freeze if your signed in on psn. call of duty world at war works and saves progress and call of duty ghosts works and saves multiplayer progress. modern warfare 2 & 3 don't save and black ops 1 & 2 don't save. could this be to do with your psn account is newer? like where mine was made in 2020. people with very old accounts seem all ok and at times offer to sell accounts. i always wondered why it wouldn't save progress.

greenline

yes, it's a known glitch. they have no interest in fixing it, so if you have a newer psn account your call of duty progress never gets saved.

i'm not 100% but i think someone stated it affects psn accounts made from 2019 onwards.

gazster

Novice Member
thanks for that, it's good that the servers are still up though, it's like where i last popped on call of duty world at war there was 348 players online and when i checked call of duty ghosts there was 1072 players online and you could always find a match to join and it seems active at any time of the day lol most ps3 games i have especially the ubisoft one's it's like the server's are no longer up as nothing happens at multiplayer or 'there are no rooms' but oddly enough rainbow 6 vegas 2 seems to still be active, that's a good game that one.

Brummy1875

You can still play warhawk which i found out recently, fans have made an app for android and pc called warhawk reborn it lists some online servers which you can connect to on your ps3, have a look on youtube i loved it back in the day lol.

gazster

Novice Member
hey i noticed on my laptop that you can get this thing called game ranger and it shows a list of games, mostly older titles being played and the players and you can join or host, does that get past where the servers are discontinued, shutdown? it's strange as there were people playing rainbow 6 vegas on pc co op mode but if you were to try go multiplayer without game ranger there's no chance of login or any response, i was tempted to join in on pc lol but im so used to console and using a controller, it would feel awkward trying to play shoot em up games on the keyboard.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom