Call of Duty : Modern Warfare

stu646

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Rumours are true and the new COD is a return to the modern warfare theatre. Got to admit, it looks great.

Looks very good and so glad to be going back to a modern setting.

Last few years have been disappointing for me as disliked the futuristic direction COD was going so will be great to get back into gaming.

Bit concerned about this article though regarding crossplay. I like the idea of crossplay with XB but not PC players. Having been a PC gamer a controller is no match against KB & M so can't see how they would balance that out.

it will have the option about crossplay not just throw you in a bit like what fortnite put into place... exclusively may still be on playstation as well I have just read on a new article

with cross play they talk about uniting pc and console players. does that actually mean xbox and PlayStation cross play?

with cross play they talk about uniting pc and console players. does that actually mean xbox and PlayStation cross play?
No it means all platforms crossplay

I think you would need the option as isn't it a bit easier to shoot people with keyboard & mouse. I have no frame of reference but I thought that was the case.
Nice looking reveal trailer

I think you would need the option as isn't it a bit easier to shoot people with keyboard & mouse. I have no frame of reference but I thought that was the case.
Nice looking reveal trailer
Yeah reguardless how good you are with a controller a mouse and keyboard will be far more accurate and movement is a lot quicker.
Paid for hacks is a massive problem within the pc gaming scene many websites offering unlimited hacks/cheats for game for little money, they are "private" and not detectable with anti-cheat software. That will be the main problem.

No gameplay shown at E3. IW dev confirmed the game is still in pre-alpha stage only 4 months until release. Also he couldn't provide any detail on crossplay which is subject to change. I'm quite annoyed there is also no Battle Royale or Blackout equivalent as I've really enjoyed it on BO4 and maps like Highrise, Favela and Crash would have been brilliant to land in.

Worrying if you ask me.

More worrying as they have 2/3 years to get the game ready. So the fact it is still in pre-alpha with 4 months to go is not a good sign.

I would prefer they stop making COD games for 2/3 years, make a brand new engine and start a fresh.

More worrying as they have 2/3 years to get the game ready. So the fact it is still in pre-alpha with 4 months to go is not a good sign.

I would prefer they stop making COD games for 2/3 years, make a brand new engine and start a fresh.
Every Call of Duty game has been in “pre-alpha” stage at this point (4 months before release). Black Ops 4, WWII, BO3, etc were all “pre-alpha” when those games were shown at E3 and their own events

Every Call of Duty game has been in “pre-alpha” stage at this point (4 months before release). Black Ops 4, WWII, BO3, etc were all “pre-alpha” when those games were shown at E3 and their own events

Therein lies the difference. All those games you mentioned were shown at E3. MW this year wasn't. Looks like they aren't confident in the game yet to showcase it to the public with only 4 months til release.

Therein lies the difference. All those games you mentioned were shown at E3. MW this year wasn't. Looks like they aren't confident in the game yet to showcase it to the public with only 4 months til release.
Charlie intel on twitter that was a quote direct from him mate, he has gone on to say he has seen the game running on standard ps4 and it plays and looks fantastic.. from what I have read bits its shaped up to be a great cod could be one of the best.

It was strange to not see any footage at all at e3. Every single previous COD has always been shown by now. Reports suggested it was because Sony was not at e3 so they did not have a big enough platform to showcase but I don't buy that as they have always shown mp off on a separate reveal event.

However, jackfrags posted this video yesterday with his thoughts as he saw it behind closed doors at e3 and his comments are very positive indeed. Looks like we are looking at a very detailed COD and a huge shift from what we have had before.

We are due to get our first look of MW multiplayer tonight around 6pm. 4 pro players are live streaming the new 2v2 mode. Live stream is on Twitch but if you go on to charlieintel they have the individual streams embedded.

Got to admit my hype for the game has no hit rock bottom after watching the pro players playing this today.

It looks no different to any other COD game, graphics still miles behind Battlefield

I don't really understand why they showcased the 2v2 mode when very few people are interested in this. Most people want to see general mp with killstreaks etc.

A lot of people complaining about the graphics but the steam was only 900p so can't really comment on this. I've watched a few vids from youtubers who played it back in May and can now talk about it and say it does look good.

I will wait for the mp reveal on 1 August to pass my judgement but I agree a little deflated after watching last night.

It did not help they had the most annoying people playing it last night. Screaming and shouting after every kill, really put me off.

Infinity Ward have released a 4K raw feed of the recent 2v2 gameplay without the annoying commentary and it looks very good. Has renewed my interest and faith.

So no mini map anymore, instead you have to earn it by getting 3 kills. Not sure that was necessary.

Rest of the game looks good but nothing ground breaking.

Apparently ther will be no loot boxes at launch and no plans to add them, also no season pass.

The bullet model system sounds a bit odd, from what I undesunder upto a certain distance it'll use the traditional hitscan system, over a certain distance it'll use a system more like battlefield.

Also looks like it'll run well on the Pro.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom