Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare - October 25th

Yeah if that doesnt work i use nordvpn just to make my whole internet come from the states.

The devs have screwed up every single update of this game. Every one. Silly really considering the money they must be making.

Yeah if that doesnt work i use nordvpn just to make my whole internet come from the states.

The devs have screwed up every single update of this game. Every one. Silly really considering the money they must be making.

It would be really nice if they tested just one update. At least we know it will be all sorted in 2 weeks time once all the bugs are tested by the users instead of the devs...

Had no idea these existed. Thinking of getting a COD message for my sons birthday lol

I've been playing Warzone quite a bit - not very good but had a few decent games.

I've watched a few YouTubes with these cheaters and wondered how they work - do they hack the code to find out where other players are miles away through walls? Or do they have a network of players that share information? Saw one the other day where some hacker got infinite cluster strikes. Just wondered what they exploit to hack the game, or how it is possible.

I've been playing Warzone quite a bit - not very good but had a few decent games.

I've watched a few YouTubes with these cheaters and wondered how they work - do they hack the code to find out where other players are miles away through walls? Or do they have a network of players that share information? Saw one the other day where some hacker got infinite cluster strikes. Just wondered what they exploit to hack the game, or how it is possible.

It's just standard Wallhack and Aimbot usually, the odd Trigger bot pops up too I have noticed

Normally it is a software that runs along side the game either showing where every player is on the entire map and auto-locking onto to players within a certain range etc

Trigger bot just-auto fires when an enemy is seen or is within a certain range

The inf cluster strike was a bug/glitch which I think has been fixed but not sure

Here is a good example

Normally it is a software that runs along side the game either showing where every player is on the entire map and auto-locking onto to players within a certain range etc

Thanks. Broadly speaking how do they work? Are they analysing your screen? Have they hacked into the actual underlying data to know where players are?

Thanks. Broadly speaking how do they work? Are they analysing your screen? Have they hacked into the actual underlying data to know where players are?

Not a clue sorry bud!

It's all skill baby :blush:

This game is locking my monitor refresh rate to 120hz but in game menu is set to 144hz and my monitor is set at 144hz,only happens in this game ???

Played Cold War for a bit last night (sky early access). First impressions aren’t great at all. Think the biggest issue is the fact it still carry’s the COD brand after MW smashed it out the park so much. That leaves expectations very high which for me they’ve not been able to come close to delivering on.

Take away COD name from it, see it for the game it is, and for me it’s just an average shooter set in some second reality of our world but with heavily over exaggerated lighting scenes. I just can’t get into it, it lacks the addictive fun and adrenaline MW has.

The download size probably says enough, 25gb vs 250gb.. it sure feels like 1/10th of MW.

I’ll keep plahing MW so long as they can keep releasing interesting maps, game modes, and weapons.

The download size probably says enough, 25gb vs 250gb.. it sure feels like 1/10th of MW.
Not sure what you're expecting here? It's a beta weekend. Why on Earth would you want to download the whole game and be locked out of most of it instead of just what is needed.

Not sure what you're expecting here? It's a beta weekend. Why on Earth would you want to download the whole game and be locked out of most of it instead of just what is needed.
Beta doesn’t mean they’ve fundamentally limited level design, realism, lighting, movements, textures, weapon sounds, weapon behaviours etc etc. You also forget the beta has both multiplayer and Warzone availible. That’s a lot of data if done by MW standards, but it hasn’t been and that’s my point.

My thoughts aren’t alone and seem repeated by most on Reddit. MW’s engine is phenomenal and was redesigned from the ground up, infinity war just made some existing changes to their pre exsisting platform and it shows. It’s a different game in a much lower league. Doesn’t mean some won’t enjoy it, but itl be the people that don’t enjoy MW most likely, not an upgrade or even a side step to any MW19 enthusiast (which I am, it’s literally the game that brought be back to gaming).

Im certainly not pre ordering that’s for sure, il inevitably end up on it if or when the MW servers get quieter in time, but if I could choose right now, MW19 would remain, they’d add RTX effects and even higher quality textures where possible (I don’t care if it makes it a 500gb game with “can it run crysis” level demands top end. They should not ditch this game, just keep adding to it with new campaigns and maps extension packs. Much like modern warfare remastered.

On the RTX point im only running my GTX970 on Black Ops, yet there’s a crap tonne of “lighting effects” everywhere, which is making me wonder how much difference ray tracing makes! I’ll let you know when the 2080 arrives Sunday.

Beta doesn’t mean they’ve fundamentally limited level design, realism, lighting, movements, textures, weapon sounds, weapon behaviours etc etc. You also forget the beta has both multiplayer and Warzone availible. That’s a lot of data if done by MW standards, but it hasn’t been and that’s my point.

My thoughts aren’t alone and seem repeated by most on Reddit. MW’s engine is phenomenal and was redesigned from the ground up, infinity war just made some existing changes to their pre exsisting platform and it shows. It’s a different game in a much lower league. Doesn’t mean some won’t enjoy it, but itl be the people that don’t enjoy MW most likely, not an upgrade or even a side step to any MW19 enthusiast (which I am, it’s literally the game that brought be back to gaming).

Im certainly not pre ordering that’s for sure, il inevitably end up on it if or when the MW servers get quieter in time, but if I could choose right now, MW19 would remain, they’d add RTX effects and even higher quality textures where possible (I don’t care if it makes it a 500gb game with “can it run crysis” level demands top end. They should not ditch this game, just keep adding to it with new campaigns and maps extension packs. Much like modern warfare remastered.

On the RTX point im only running my GTX970 on Black Ops, yet there’s a crap tonne of “lighting effects” everywhere, which is making me wonder how much difference ray tracing makes! I’ll let you know when the 2080 arrives Sunday.
My point is you're trying out a bit of the game, so comparing the size of a beta which is only a small part of the game, to everything in MW is pointless. The full game will be way more the 25gb.
Not sure on your warzone comment because I was under the impression that this Cold War beta was purely just some game modes in the multiplayer part of the game in a couple of maps. Like it normally is.

My point is you're trying out a bit of the game, so comparing the size of a beta which is only a small part of the game, to everything in MW is pointless. The full game will be way more the 25gb.
Not sure on your warzone comment because I was under the impression that this Cold War beta was purely just some game modes in the multiplayer part of the game in a couple of maps. Like it normally is.

Granted and I understand your point, but my point stands as there are (edit with correct number) 6 multiplayer maps, and I believe warzone was playable (it certainly didn’t have the lock icon over it) but could be wrong as I don’t play it. Even so no way you could fit the equivalent data set from MW into 25gb. I’d estimate it’s an easy equivalence of 100-125gb at least in MW terms when you factor things like motions, weapons textures and sounds plus all the menus and loud out stuff. Beta or not, trust me this is a very different game. Imagine Crysis not made on Cryengine, and instead of being made by Crytek, it’s been made by EA sports. It’s that kind of difference to me. They’ve tried to keep the themes that make COD, COD, it’s just not the same game from a foundational level at all that MW is.

Last edited:
Granted and I understand your point, but my point stands as there are (edit with correct number) 6 multiplayer maps, and I believe warzone was playable (it certainly didn’t have the lock icon over it) but could be wrong as I don’t play it. Even so no way you could fit the equivalent data set from MW into 25gb. I’d estimate it’s an easy equivalence of 100-125gb at least in MW terms when you factor things like motions, weapons textures and sounds plus all the menus and loud out stuff. Beta or not, trust me this is a very different game. Imagine Crysis not made on Cryengine, and instead of being made by Crytek, it’s been made by EA sports. It’s that kind of difference to me. They’ve tried to keep the themes that make COD, COD, it’s just not the same game from a foundational level at all that MW is.
Warzone is Modern Warfare thing. Its not with this beta, so the size is not including that. It may just pick up you have it installed.

Don't get me wrong, i've always felt the Treyarch offering to be worse than the Infinity Ward offerings. But honestly this beta is just MP maps and modes.

Warzone is Modern Warfare thing. Its not with this beta, so the size is not including that. It may just pick up you have it installed.

Don't get me wrong, i've always felt the Treyarch offering to be worse than the Infinity Ward offerings. But honestly this beta is just MP maps and modes.

It’s likely I’m forgetting the experience of treyarchs offering. I remember being hooked on zombies (the Roman stage one) before Modern Warefare, but then had nothing to compare it to. Now MW has set the standard, I’m concerned even zombies won’t hit the spot anymore.

TBH I don’t see why infinity wars can’t just release a dedicated “infected” game mode that behaves like zombies just doesn’t have to be zombies.

It’s likely I’m forgetting the experience of treyarchs offering. I remember being hooked on zombies (the Roman stage one) before Modern Warefare, but then had nothing to compare it to. Now MW has set the standard, I’m concerned even zombies won’t hit the spot anymore.

TBH I don’t see why infinity wars can’t just release a dedicated “infected” game mode that behaves like zombies just doesn’t have to be zombies.
Modern Warefare was the first COD i've bothered with properly since Modern Warfare 3 I think. I do enjoy the SP side of it more than the MP side. Never stepped foot in Warzone (only battle royale i've ever played has been Fall Guys!).

I'm sure it will look good but theres always been a different style between the studios and I felt that Treyarch's titles weren't as good as the others.

I've sunk quite a bit of time into MW online now - the first FPS where I have. Really enjoy it. Both Warzone and recently Multiplayer. Armoured Trucks Battle Royale is/was pretty wild.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom