• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketBunny

I will be buying it. I know black ops had a lot of haters, but i think i have clocked 200+ hours on it. If i spend even half that amount of time on MW3 its money well spent.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Black Ops for me was a big let down. I won't be pre-ordering it, that's for sure. But I may well get it if initial responses are good.

But with BF3 coming out at the same time if that is as good as we all hope then there will be no time for MW3 anyway.

Although this time it is not by the useless Treyarch and by a combination of Inifity Ward and a couple of other studios. Which as COD4 was awesome and MW2 still pretty good and both of these were by Inifinity, then hopefully MW3 may be good too.

It is a shame though that it's using the same game engine, as the graphics will be no better really than COD4. It certainly will be like chalk and cheese comparing the graphics of MW3 and BF3.

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
Nah i wont be getting it, i refuse to keep feeding the greed of this franchise who insist on using the same engine, graphics etc... year after year but with a worse story line.

It's like buying your football teams replica shirt each year, it's exactly the same but with a very slight difference in the look.

slinger

Black Ops for me was a big let down. I won't be pre-ordering it, that's for sure. But I may well get it if initial responses are good.

But with BF3 coming out at the same time if that is as good as we all hope then there will be no time for MW3 anyway.

Although this time it is not by the useless Treyarch and by a combination of Inifity Ward and a couple of other studios. Which as COD4 was awesome and MW2 still pretty good and both of these were by Inifinity, then hopefully MW3 may be good too.

It is a shame though that it's using the same game engine, as the graphics will be no better really than COD4. It certainly will be like chalk and cheese comparing the graphics of MW3 and BF3.

Thats how I feel about it, it will be the first COD (in the whole series, ie from COD 1 onwards) that I have had no initial desire to buy. Battlefield 3 will be my sole vice until at least Christmas.

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
I did put 60hrs into BLOPS i must admit but that was because everyone on here was playing and we used to enjoy Zombies.

PocketBunny

Zombies is class. First time we played Five and got to the bit where the professor comes out and steals your gun. With a chorus of "***?!?" on comms and me cowering in a corner saying "where are you going?!"

fun times :)

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Trouble is if you want Zombies, you play Left For Dead as its a proper zombie game, not an after thought from unlocking World at War, then added to all the games since.

You know that they sold the '4 player co-op' for Black Ops based solely on Zombie mode, and removed the storyline co-op?

Then they charge for map packs? And I know I paid for Vietnam, but that was different....:blush:

Doubt I will ever pre-order a CoD game.

mozza54

Only because Ive finished the last 3 games will I be getting this... that and I like MW2. I hope plot wise it follows on from the second one.

No way am I shelling out 40 sheets for it though. Time to get on hotukdeals :smashin:

Saying that, Amazon console pre order... £55!!!!

eiren

Distinguished Member
It's less than £35 on Amazon now... real bargain... :laugh:

Roll out the same tired old engine (5 years old now), add in some more maps and package it up as a new game... watch all the suckers lap it up.

Last edited:

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
People would buy a turd if it came in COD packaging.

Really is all thats wrong with modern gaming.

eiren

Distinguished Member
I just wish they'd really make an effort instead of riding on the back of former glories.

The announcement is basically 'yeah here is the same game again, but different maps and the rest of the story'. Where's the innovation?

At least Epic really tried to push the boat with Gears Of War 3 instead of just churning out more maps and the rest of the story.

AML

Wow, guys im disappointed!
People bought MW 1 and 2 because they were good games! No one cared about MW till it started getting good feedback by word of mouth from gamers.

And we can thank the original team at infinity ward for that! The "new" infinity ward wont do the same job on the 3rd game. My guess is it wont be as good as the first 2 games and therefore people wont buy it.

The idiots at Activision only care about money and sales so they really do think that slapping a "MW" sticker on anything will make it sell.
Gamers arent stupid, if the game sucks, they wont buy it. Then Activision will drop the franchise....

You'll see.

Modern Warfare 1, however you look at it, you cannot deny that wasn't incredible at the time. The sniper SAS mission was just WOW!

Guess it's still sold on that assumption. I get a strong feeling this one will be far better than Black Ops.

eiren

Distinguished Member
Modern Warfare 1, however you look at it, you cannot deny that wasn't incredible at the time. The sniper SAS mission was just WOW!

Guess it's still sold on that assumption. I get a strong feeling this one will be far better than Black Ops.

Agreed, not much wrong with the first one at all (for what it was)... it was a good blast.

The second was the same game with new maps, and it sounds like the third will the same game with new maps... which is really lazy 4 years on.

I just installed Modern Warfare again now as i fancied playing it again. Still the best even today. Anyone else still play?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Heard a rumour today that the MP will be subscription based. Gonna try and find something to back that up.

Edit; might of started from here

Call Of Duty Multiplayer Fee Coming -- Analyst Michael Pachter - G4tv.com

It's a link from comments from an 'industry analyst' which means he knows nothing and is just guessing.
There has been rumours about subscription based multiplayer ever since Kack Ops came out.

I would be interested but definitely not for a game with a very dated engine. I'm not paying £10 per month to play COD4 with some new maps.

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
Wow, guys im disappointed!
People bought MW 1 and 2 because they were good games! No one cared about MW till it started getting good feedback by word of mouth from gamers.

And we can thank the original team at infinity ward for that! The "new" infinity ward wont do the same job on the 3rd game. My guess is it wont be as good as the first 2 games and therefore people wont buy it.

The idiots at Activision only care about money and sales so they really do think that slapping a "MW" sticker on anything will make it sell.
Gamers arent stupid, if the game sucks, they wont buy it. Then Activision will drop the franchise....

You'll see.

You couldn't be more wrong...

There will be many many gamers who will buy each "refresh" regardless how good or bad it is solely because it's COD. They will also tell you how awesome it is, gaining a fan base is very powerful in this industry.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
You couldn't be more wrong...

There will be many many gamers who will buy each "refresh" regardless how good or bad it is solely because it's COD. They will also tell you how awesome it is, gaining a fan base is very powerful in this industry.

Sadly that is very true. Activision could put out a bag of dog turds with a COD label on it and it would sell. Although this isn't far from what black ops was. :D

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
As i've said in other threads Black Ops was the most mished mashed game i've played in a long time. It really did smack in the face of a company who has completely ran out of ideas so just chucked anything together.

I did enjoy online but that was down to playing people on here more than the game.

It's a dated game and really should be killed off but because they make so much money from it they will keep churning it out.

weetsie

i dont care about graphics or old engines, COD has decent gameplay. every treyarch game has been rubbish and every IW game has been good.

more COD4 is good as far as im concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom