Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (X1) (30th Apr?)

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

MW2 was great at the time. But towards the end of its life cycle, just before black ops was coming out, I recall a lot of people starting to hate it. People got fed up of the 5 (missile), 7 (harrier) and 11 (12?) (AC- 130) kill streak whoring. Quick scopers were all over the place and it just got quite annoying.

It was a classic case of a love hate relationship. Loved it when it was going your way and hit detection and everything was golden, then hate it when it seemed like it was all against you and opposition constantly had kill streaks incoming.

I can see this being quite similar to cod4 remake. A lot of hype and play time in first month or two, then it will quickly die off.

Cha1ky

I can see this being quite similar to cod4 remake. A lot of hype and play time in first month or two, then it will quickly die off.
TBH I won't be bothering. I found out quick enough with COD 4 Remastered that in reality as soon as you go on there you've already learnt everything there is to learn. You know the maps, you know the weapons (until they throw in loot boxes no doubt where new ones will appear of course) and finally the people you used to play it with and have fun all night with just aren't interested anymore and then the game will become stale very quickly. Always fun watching those 1886 sniper shotguns reload though :)

Great SP though.

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
TBH I won't be bothering. I found out quick enough with COD 4 Remastered that in reality as soon as you go on there you've already learnt everything there is to learn. You know the maps, you know the weapons (until they throw in loot boxes no doubt where new ones will appear of course) and finally the people you used to play it with and have fun all night with just aren't interested anymore and then the game will become stale very quickly. Always fun watching those 1886 sniper shotguns reload though :)

Great SP though.
Yeah well put. I did have fun with cod 4 but one night me and my mates put it down and none of us went back to it. Like you say it's a case of been there done that, and the fun does fade quite quickly.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Apparently, MW2 remastered will NOT include multi player.
Which I find an incredible decision if true.

iLTx

I seen that it might be coming without the MP, waste of time if it is. MP was the best thing on this game i loved it. Had the some of the best killstreaks and being able to get a nuke again would be fun. The sniping in this was the best of most COD games and the maps are great.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If it is just SP then you know MP will come later on.
Maybe it will be like they did with COD 4 Remaster and on PS4 where they had SP for 4 weeks before MP dropped.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
I'm doubtless in a miniscule minority but I really CGAF about the MP. I have very little interest (and even less aptitude :D) when it comes to competitive MP - but I have very fond memories of the campaign, so I'll doubtless buy it at some point just to relive that.

I enjoyed MW Remastered so this will doubtless press the same buttons for me.

DSG72

MW2 was the last COD that I even started the campaign on and only so I could play the "no Russian" mission to see what all the controversy was about. Since then I've only ever played MP so I won't be getting this remaster unless they add the MP later on.

Cha1ky

For me its these earlier versions I bought purely for the MP, these days COD SP is of more interest than the MP.