Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (PS4) (30th Apr?)

NightHawk

Fake news.

stu646

Definitely fake for me. First of all, COD games always come out around November (October this year but this down to Red Dead 2 coming out), then you have the price, £20? Ha, no chance at all, be nearer the £40 mark, that if it even comes as a stand alone game, which it won't. Be bundle in with the new COD game again no doubt.

Also another reason I think it is fake is, if it was coming out in just over 4 weeks it would of been advertised by now and with the new Blops 4 trailer already released, it would of been added on to that as per MW1 remastered was for AW trailer.

NightHawk

Oh, How come?
- Listing posted by a 3rd party Amazon seller
- Too close to release date
- No marketing done for game
- MWR was announced 6 months before release
- Too cheap!

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
So not even the special ops co-op? Damn.

mark1080p

After downloading MW remastered, which was the PS plus game last month.... I’m really desperate for this now!

Wattsy 75

Internet alive with rumours of a midnight launch tonight...at least on ps4. 24.99 and 45gb file size

lee667

Internet alive with rumours of a midnight launch tonight...at least on ps4. 24.99 and 45gb file size
i'd be all over this like a tramp on chips

winka45

I only bought the original mw2 on xb360 for the multiplayer didnt even touch the single player.

Surely there can't be that many people wanting to buy this for the campaign?

The nostalgia is in the early to mid days of online play imo

ibrox_grfc

Distinguished Member
Bizarrely, people will pay around £16 for unique operator skins and weapons (for multiplayer) and MW2 Remastered story comes with the MW2 Ghost skin plus a different iron sights version of the m4a1 assault rifle. There are a few other cosmetic bits too. I think the only unique skin/character that I'd pay for (and not more than about a fiver) is Mara as she's played by a youtuber that I follow. Missed out when she was in season pass 1 and can't get her now

mooperman

Distinguished Member
the campaign on this was utter guff compared to the original MW though. The only reason to add this would be for the multiplayer and if the maps are coming then i'll wait for season 3.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Bizarrely, people will pay around £16 for unique operator skins and weapons (for multiplayer) and MW2 Remastered story comes with the MW2 Ghost skin plus a different iron sights version of the m4a1 assault rifle. There are a few other cosmetic bits too. I think the only unique skin/character that I'd pay for (and not more than about a fiver) is Mara as she's played by a youtuber that I follow. Missed out when she was in season pass 1 and can't get her now
If you are into buying the skins, then the remaster package is decent value - not that the price of skins isn't ludicrous IMO

I'm not too bothered about skins for a first person game, you hardly ever see your character apart from the odd cut scene before/after games.

The battle pass is worth it, if you play the game a lot (like pretty much the only thing you play and you play every day). I don't really do them any more - Fortnite got them out of my system!

ibrox_grfc

Distinguished Member
If you are into buying the skins, then the remaster package is decent value - not that the price of skins isn't ludicrous IMO

I'm not too bothered about skins for a first person game, you hardly ever see your character apart from the odd cut scene before/after games.

The battle pass is worth it, if you play the game a lot (like pretty much the only thing you play and you play every day). I don't really do them any more - Fortnite got them out of my system!
Yeah it's not bad value for a full single player game plus a unique skin bundle but I don't think I'd play MW2 again so for me, there's no point in getting it

I'm not into buying skins either but I did unlock all of the ones in the base game (all operators, by completing the various tasks and co-op spec ops).
Due to now being a 'furloughed worker' like many others , I've been out of work since last Tuesday so had been hammering warzone and the normal multiplayer. Got the season loot ladder up to 100 so ended up paying for the battle pass to unlock all of the 100+ things and it actually gives you enough credits to be able to get next seasons pass as well which is a bonus.

I've just unlocked the final skin for Ghost ( black outfit with the hood up up) and most of the alt outfits for the operators so I'll maybe just get up to Rank 155 (I'm at 153) and then give it a rest for a while.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Loved special ops on this back in the day - such a shame it's not included. Really not fussed by the spec ops options in new MW.