Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4) + COD 4 Remastered

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
This year's Call of Duty is set in space - report

The next Call of Duty will feature a radical departure for the series - it's set in space.

Infinity Ward's previous game, COD: Ghosts, had its opening set in space.

2016's Call of Duty will offer space combat between warring sci-fi groups in the far flung future.

Previous entries in the series such as Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 have strayed into the near-future, but this year's Call of Duty will be firmly placed in sci-fi territory.

First details of the game appeared online over the weekend, from serial industry sourceShinobi. The information tallies with reports Eurogamer has independently heard.

The game is being developed by Infinity Ward and is not a direct sequel of its previous Call of Duty effort, Ghosts, which received a mixed response.

That said, we're hoping a descendant of Colin the dog makes an appearance.

Call of Duty is expected to launch this November for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and go up against EA's own shooter effort Battlefield 5. Both games' releases will be bookended by two other sci-fi shooters - the mech-based Titanfall 2, likely set to arrive in early autumn, and BioWare's role-playing sequel Mass Effect: Andromeda, due in early 2017.

Activision declined to comment when contacted for this story.

Wow..I was hoping we may even go back to WWII settings as it has been a good few years now since we have been back to that era and I am getting a little bored of this futurist stuff. Yet now we are going to space?

Not sure I will even bother if true as a game set in space is not even a COD game in my book

Bloody hell its getting worse with every release if you've played it from the early days. Why dont they ever listen to what people want.

Was planning on avoiding this November's COD as IW's multiplayer lead suddenly quit and Ghosts being a shambles. Rumours of it being set in space will not help matters but guess it will be appealing to the teenagers that COD is becoming geared towards.

That means, never mind super jumping Advanced Warfare style. Everyone will be flying around all over in zero gravity jetpacks.

I am not buying this game on release I am going to wait for the 12 deals of Christmas sale that this will invariably be included in. And even then I am just buying the core game and not the season pass.

I highly doubt I will reach prestige 1000 on Black Ops 3 by November so will play this still. Its guaranteed to be the best COD until Black Ops 4 in 2018.

Because people buy it anyway.

Yeh your right pal everything is just about making money now unfortunately. Why they think futuristic gameplay is what everyone wants is baffling though.

I highly doubt I will reach prestige 1000 on Black Ops 3 by November so will play this still. Its guaranteed to be the best COD until Black Ops 4 in 2018.
Doesn't say much when BO3 is utter garbage.

Have to disagree about saying BO3 is utter garbage. Take away the COD points and the extra weapons you don't get for free ect, the actual game is very good.

Even though there is wall running and some jump boosting it plays very well and I have spent many hours on it. If the new maps next month are good, I will no doubt be playing it again for long periods.

It could be set in space but with colonial marine type soldiers and loadouts, at least I hope its something like that.

You could have varied environments and some spacey backgrounds but more realistic gameplay? killzone ish maybe.

The guy who broke the news about it being space has this to say today ;

This is nothing like Ghosts. We're talking combat in spaceships (think No Man's Sky), and not just around Earth.

And a central hub area that's a form of living space station. Think the Battlestar Galactica loading bay. Being a mostly campaign guy, I'm pretty excited for this one.

They might as well just rename it as it sounds as far away from a COD game as ever

Got more sense than that. The beta was enough.

Kinda difficult to form an opinion from a beta, as you already know, by the very nature they aren't the finished version. I'm not thrilled by certain aspects of the game, but after many hours playing it, it IMHO isn't 'utter garbage'

Kinda difficult to form an opinion from a beta, as you already know, by the very nature they aren't the finished version. I'm not thrilled by certain aspects of the game, but after many hours playing it, it IMHO isn't 'utter garbage'
I think regarding COD it's really easy to form an opinion from a multiplayer beta. I don't need to buy and play the game for many hours to form my opinion. I knew straight away it wasn't for me and the multiplayer was utter garbage IMO. I wish it would stop trying to be other games and just be COD again.

Totally understand that others will disagree and like the game. For me it was utter garbage.

This is nothing like Ghosts. We're talking combat in spaceships (think No Man's Sky), and not just around Earth.

This sounds s**t. I was saying I was not going to buy this till it was in the 12 deals of Christmas but how that sounds I am thinking of not buying it at all.

They really should just remaster MW1 imo. Don't mes with it too much, upgrade the helo and guns. Simple and would be massive!

Rumours of a reveal soon and its name being Infinite Warfare.

I still stand by what I have said on this, a COD game based in space is not a COD game, it may turn out to be very good but it won't be a COD game to me.

Why not do a modern setting in Iraq/Syria/Afgan ect, boots on the ground and give us more realistic graphics to go along with it.

Leaked image that's been doing the rounds... Sure the COD4 remaster would sell millions, if true obviously...

3054561-3015580016-14617.jpg

Keep us updated Chalky ref this MW remake pal as I might keep my PS4 for this as trying to sell it at moment. Could be back to the good old COD days, hopefully :)

Looks as though it's going to be bundled in a 'Legacy Edition' costing £50+ rather than being a pre-order bonus.

Why couldn't they just release it separately to the new COD? Typical Activision really.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they just release it separately to the new COD? Typical Activision really.
I think they will TBH. If not straight away, when sales are dipping.

This would get me back to COD if true.

Reveal rumoured for 3rd of May anyway so not long to find something out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom