Call of Duty: Ghosts Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Int3rceptor

edit:

The more I look into this the more I am certain its fake:

Far too soon for my liking but there is now a countdown website for the MW4 announcement - 21 March 2013:

The most unexpected reveal ever

The website is registered to Infinity Ward and the source of the page makes reference to MW4, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Neversoft.

Last edited:

Int3rceptor

Could be fake - the person who registered the site used a gmail account and the contact number is russian apparently :confused:

turk3y

if its a reveal and is truthful then it will be MW4 as you can see in the source the style sheet is called MW4 Countdown,

a true official teaser site is probably likely to be a little more subtle and a little less Russian.

Int3rceptor

turk3y said:
if its a reveal and is truthful then it will be MW4 as you can see in the source the style sheet is called MW4 Countdown,

a true official teaser site is probably likely to be a little more subtle and a little less Russian.
Ah yes - No Russian

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
Story on IGN saying that the next game is called "Ghosts" and will be a next gen only game.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Story on IGN saying that the next game is called "Ghosts" and will be a next gen only game.
If that's true, then I'm sure we'll still get a CoD game this November, as there's no way on earth that Activision will miss the lucrative "Fall" CoD release.

It may well be Ghosts and they will release it for 360 this November as usual and then the 720 version in May/whenever...

IGN said:
Ghosts will reportedly only be released on next-generation consoles and PC, which fits with previous rumors that Infinity Ward is creating a next-gen Call of Duty title. According to Drift0r, Ghosts is targeting early May for its announcement.

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
Azzin said:
If that's true, then I'm sure we'll still get a CoD game this November, as there's no way on earth that Activision will miss the lucrative "Fall" CoD release.

It may well be Ghosts and they will release it for 360 this November as usual and then the 720 version in May/whenever...
Or it could also point to a 2 tier release-one for 360 and the next gen Xbox. It makes sense that they will launch the next gen alongside the biggest release of the year at the same time. I bought my 360 day one and got COD 2 with it so I hope it follows this pattern.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Or it could also point to a 2 tier release-one for 360 and the next gen Xbox. It makes sense that they will launch the next gen alongside the biggest release of the year at the same time. I bought my 360 day one and got COD 2 with it so I hope it follows this pattern.
Ah, fair point. so you're saying that on release day there will be a 360 and a 720 version?

Von Smittle

I imagine it will launch on the next gen consoles, will be a system seller for sure.

I'd be very surprised if we do not see all new consoles out by the time CoD is released.

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
Azzin said:
Ah, fair point. so you're saying that on release day there will be a 360 and a 720 version?
Possibly-they did it (in a fashion) when cod 2 came out on 360 and the cod redline ( I think it had that in the title!) came out on the first Xbox.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
vtrmart said:
Possibly-they did it (in a fashion) when cod 2 came out on 360 and the cod redline ( I think it had that in the title!) came out on the first Xbox.
I'd expect it on both as well. They won't just go for next gen only as they will wipe out a lot of their market as most people by November won't have next gen due to not being able to afford it or not being able to get it due to stock shortages.

Neil_H

I'd expect it on both as well. They won't just go for next gen only as they will wipe out a lot of their market as most people by November won't have next gen due to not being able to afford it or not being able to get it due to stock shortages.
Rumours at the moment suggest it will be exclusive to next gen consoles. I can only assume Activision are being paid some major $ in exclusivity rights to do that as from a business POV it makes no sense. This wouldn’t surprise me as a release day COD game will sell a **** ton of consoles.

Or perhaps they’re planning a current gen release some time later once the next gen hype dies down.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Rumours at the moment suggest it will be exclusive to next gen consoles. I can only assume Activision are being paid some major $ in exclusivity rights to do that as from a business POV it makes no sense. This wouldn’t surprise me as a release day COD game will sell a **** ton of consoles.

Or perhaps they’re planning a current gen release some time later once the next gen hype dies down.
I think the latter is bang on the money... :smashin:

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
Yeah, surely they wouldn't be that stupid to release it on next gen ONLY?!

They're far too shrewd tbh, never gonna happen.

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
Neil_H said:

If rumours of a $500 price point are on the money, then I can't see them shifting as many COD units on a next gen console as the current gen. My money is on 2 separate releases for both consoles, even 2 different games. Ghosts for the next gen and MW4 for the 360. That way, hardcore COD fans may buy both even if its only to finish the SP.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I would be very surprised to see two different games; double development costs and diluting their own sales – not gonna happen.
Unless they do something like a COD4 Remake on the Next Gen Console ??
Ofcourse would still be alot of development but not as much as a complete new title.

I reckon that might help shift a few consoles

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
E3 reveal (not that shocking in all honesty)?

Activision social media manager Dan Amrich has said he expects 2013's entry in the Call of Duty series, which may be Modern Warfare 4, to be revealed no later than E3 in early June.

Speaking to fans in a YouTube video, he said: "We're still deep in the middle of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 cycle and there's still a lot more content to come, so you can understand why Activision hasn't really talked about next year yet, but they're going to have to soon, because E3 is coming up."
Amrich noted that the last two Call of Duty games were revealed in May 2011 and May 2012.

"If you're looking for information on the future, it's coming soon, it's just not here yet, it should be here no later than E3," he said.

"We also have the interesting problem of new hardware coming in. We've got a PS4, we've got whatever Xbox is working on - is that going to be this year, I don't know."

Last year, a CV belonging to an Infinity Ward software engineer suggested that the studio's next Call of Duty game will release on both current and next-gen consoles.

It has been heavily rumoured that Microsoft will reveal the next-gen Xbox at an as-yet-unannounced event on May 21, and given the platform holder's strong business ties to Activision's series, it wouldn't be surprising to hear some information about the next Call of Duty game around the same time.
Linky.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Azzin said:
E3 reveal (not that shocking in all honesty)?

Linky.
Iirc correctly a new CoD game hasn't been revealed at E3 for a long time. When I went a few years ago all they had in the way of a stand was a few lights and a video.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Iirc correctly a new CoD game hasn't been revealed at E3 for a long time. When I went a few years ago all they had in the way of a stand was a few lights and a video.
You mean apart from the two that were revealed at E3 last year and the year before!? :laugh:

Last edited:

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Azzin said:
You mean apart form the two that were revealed at E3 last year and the year before!? :laugh:
Fair enough. Haven't paid much attention to CoD reveals for the last few years as I can pretty much tell you what it will be before they announce it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen adds 48-inch OLED to Beovision TV range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton