Call of duty cold war ps5 disc ps4

J Greenwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

We had a ps5 for Christmas which we share with the family on the TV in living room and my son has a PS4 Pro in his bedroom.

I bought him cold war for Christmas on ps5 disc stupidity thinking that he won't want cross gen for PS4 Pro. However that was a mistake and he's been playing with me using the season 2 trial on PS4 Pro with me on ps5 and wants it for PS4 as well.

Does anybody know what my options are with disc? Or do I have to sell the ps5 disc and get digital cross gen bundle?

Thanks for your help

Jase

First off, if you are wanting to play COD with your son on two PS consoles at the same time, you cannot do that with one disc. Second, the PS5 disc will only be valid in your PS5, so your son will need to source the PS4 version some how.

Your best bet if you are going to be playing COD with your son at the same time would be to get the cross gen bundle digitally from the store and share your account the same as you would to share PS+, you probably already have this set up.

So sell PS5 version, buy cheap credit from say ShopTo, buy cross gen bundle. You will probably need to install the PS5 and PS4 versions again, but one purchase will service you and your son. If you can get it when COD is on sale, even better.

Otherwise your lad needs to buy a cheap PS4 disc version from somewhere..

Thanks for your reply I thought I might have to. The game is on sale at moment so good time to buy .

Assume purchase on sons PS4 and then I should be able to upgrade to ps5 on his account on PS5?

I don't have COD, so not 100% sure how it works, but normally:
  • Purchase on any account that's shared, say your sons
  • Login to PS4 with your sons account and download PS4 version
  • Login to PS5 with your sons account and download PS5 version
  • As long as PS5 is set to shareable in your sons PS5 settings, you can now play from your account

I don't have COD, so not 100% sure how it works, but normally:

• Purchase on any account that's shared, say your sons
  • Login to PS4 with your sons account and download PS4 version
  • Login to PS5 with your sons account and download PS5 version
  • As long as PS5 is set to shareable in your sons PS5 settings, you can now play from your account
Thanks appreciate your help.

No worries, me and my lad are currently playing Control Ultimate digitally cross gen, so it should work in a similar way with cod..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom