Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

I've read Ps4 owners can start the download for the beta today.

Has anyone seen when xbox owners can start the download? My bb is completely rubbish at about a 10 Meg download speed on a good day. I would need to start the download now if I'm gonna be ready for next Thursday if the rumoured size of 150gb is to be believed.

I am now downloading on the PS4, 27gb from memory.

I am now downloading on the PS4, 27gb from memory.
Thanks for the reply. Good to hear we don't have to download the full game to play the beta. Hopefully the xbox version is a similar size to the that.

Anyone knows if there’s any stores you can pre order a physical copy and gain access to the Beta?

Anyone knows if there’s any stores you can pre order a physical copy and gain access to the Beta?
The early access on Oct 15th + 16th is for digital pre orders on xbox . But I believe it is open for everyone on Oct 17th-19th regardless if you have pre ordered or not.

For the digital pre orders you can start the pre load of the beta on Tuesday 13th from 4pm. I'd imagine you could download it then also but it just might not let you actually play it until the 17th. Worth trying to see if it works.

Will this have the series x updates from day 1? Or further down the line like cyberpunk?

Just downloaded the beta. It's about 20 Gig's in size. You have to search the Store for Black Ops Cold War and you should find the beta download from there. Why they couldn't just provide a notification and click on that? Anyway, roll on the 15th.

Its pretty good IMO

All the impressions I've seen from COD youtubers seem very very negative....

I'm not a hardcore COD fan/player and never really played the previous ones to any real extent but my own impressions are I have enjoyed the beta so far and looking forward to the coming weekend and the full release (PS5).

I'm not a hardcore COD fan/player and never really played the previous ones to any real extent but my own impressions are I have enjoyed the beta so far and looking forward to the coming weekend and the full release (PS5).

I was hoping with the initial glimpses that this was a return to the amazing Black Ops 2 glory days but watching more it seems anything but...shame.

All the impressions I've seen from COD youtubers seem very very negative....
I've never been influenced by youtubers or critics. I prefer to make my own mind up about things - whether that be films, books or games.

I did prefer IW over Treyarch - especially in the Zampella & West glory years. Modern Warfare was a game-changer back in the day.
Like you said previously, Black Ops 2 were their glory days. Time will tell if I've pre-ordered a turkey of a game. 🦃

I've never been influenced by youtubers or critics. I prefer to make my own mind up about things - whether that be films, books or games.

I did prefer IW over Treyarch - especially in the Zampella & West glory years. Modern Warfare was a game-changer back in the day.
Like you said previously, Black Ops 2 were their glory days. Time will tell if I've pre-ordered a turkey of a game. 🦃

Neither am I but then I'm also watching their gameplay....

Will the beta be pretty representative of the full release do you reckon? I cant imagine much will change in the time left to launch.

I presume you can only predownload this now if you preordered it?

Well, I've played a few hours of the beta and I've cancelled my pre-order. Not because it's a pile of pony but at my age (+55) my reflexes are like a sloth in treacle.
I used to have CoD gaming sessins for hours but not any more. So I'll stick to games where you can roam and explore like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and The Elder Scrolls.

Anyone got a link to the open beta?
Still showing as currently unavailable on my Xbox this morning.

Played a lot of Warzone this year. This just feels like a step back to me. The visuals remind me a bit of earlier Battlefield games and the multiplayer is just the usual spawn, die, might get a kill streak.

No idea if I will take the plunge for next gen based on this.

Played a lot of Warzone this year. This just feels like a step back to me. The visuals remind me a bit of earlier Battlefield games and the multiplayer is just the usual spawn, die, might get a kill streak.

No idea if I will take the plunge for next gen based on this.
I would absolutely agree with you. Its extremely fast paced even for cod.

Interesting. Was going to pre-order but I’m going to hold off for now. Part of the issue is that I really like Warzone and it gets the pacing about right for my ageing reflexes. Not in a hurry to change right now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom