Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

not sure what the game will be like, but as trailers go that has to be right up there!

Interesting ... quite like the look of that ...
one of the guys at the beginning reminded of Robert Redford and the film he was in a while back ( Spy game ) 🤷‍♂️ good movie might have to watch it now lol.

one of the guys at the beginning reminded of Robert Redford and the film he was in a while back ( Spy game ) 🤷‍♂️ good movie might have to watch it now lol.
I thought that and then in one section it was looking like it clearly is Robert Redford, so got to assume he is doing a voice in the game and playing a part?

I thought that and then in one section it was looking like it clearly is Robert Redford, so got to assume he is doing a voice in the game and playing a part?
Not to sure , had a quick look but nothing is showing up yet on the net ....

This game has set my pc upgrade timeline! My 970 has done ok ok on MW, but I want this release on the highest settings I can reasonably afford!

I really wonder if AMD will have pulled their finger out in time for this.

Next gen console versions are getting 4k/120 FPS.

Next gen console versions are getting 4k/120 FPS.

*Up to 120fps, in select titles. Claims before release are always bold. Halo Infinate was a great example, claims 120fps in 4k, shows the game, looks pants.

*Up to 120fps, in select titles. Claims before release are always bold. Halo Infinate was a great example, claims 120fps in 4k, shows the game, looks pants.
Think it was the Halo MP that was going to be 120FPS, which is going to be Free anyway. Sure the delay in the game should help with the visuals though.

If its going to be 120FPS then i can see it being chequerboard 4K but still its certainly a welcome move regardless. This is from Call of Duty themselves, not MS/Sony.

Next-generation visuals

With next-generation consoles, the game will play at 4K resolution and refresh rates at 120hz. Cold War will use haptic controllers. The solid-state drives (SSDs) with flash memory in the new consoles will have faster load times, and that means that the loading screens will be gone, with seamless transitions between cinematics and gameplay.

“We want to make sure that the framerate is responsive, and that it feels like there’s nothing on the technical side preventing you from having a good time,” Bunting said.

The game will feature a global illumination system that makes use of real-time ray tracing. That means the lighting and shadows will be accurate, with rays of light bouncing around a scene in a realistic manner. You’ll see the effects of this in things like Woods’ pickup truck (with the fictional brand name Bannerocks), which has a run-down look that feels like it’s from another era. You see duct tape, cracked vinyl, and a CB radio in the interior.

“With the power of the next-gen systems, we’ll be able to add even more detail and put even more love into everything we create,” said Katie Sabin, a vehicle artist at Raven Software.

Lighting director Alberto Noti of Raven said that the team aimed for greater photorealism than ever before. It captured imagery of assets from the 1980s. And they would use the capabilities of the next-generation consoles to display the imagery with HDR, 4K, and wide color gamuts. The Soviet world was gray, but the team injected pink, purple, red, and other primary colors to change up the visuals in different scenes. The aim was to create a 1980s look and feel in places like an arcade or a bar.

Was Noti blowing smoke? I couldn’t tell, because I was watching a video presentation, and I didn’t get to see the game in the same room with the developers. But Call of Duty has never been a disappointment with its visuals.

The game will also have improved 3D audio, so it’s easier to figure out where the sound is coming from in a 3D environment, said David Vonderhaar of Treyarch. That means it’s taking advantage of advances in audio tech for the next-gen consoles.

“We couldn’t be happier how this new adventure for the next generation expands the universe,” Bunting said.

Last edited:

1598525497581.png

Ah dammit, my pc spec just went up even more reading this! Better put an m.2 on the list then as well as see if I can justify the 3080!

I've only just finished BO2 :D

Is game sharing aloud ?
got a mate who said i could use his account to play the campaign.
but he's on multiplayer most of time

can two people be the account at the same time ?

Is game sharing aloud ?

Its something that works on consoles fine (slightly differently) but not sure about PC.

Is game sharing aloud ?

I mean, you don’t exactly get arrested for torrenting pirated stuff as it is, so as far as what’s “allowed” imagine its more about whether the same account can be logged in and active across multiple devices...

try it and let us know :)

Downloaded the game last night , we give it ago later today and see what happens
not bothered about going online , just fancy playing the campaign..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom