Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare - General Chat

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Get Ready for a New Era of Call of Duty®

We knew that the next Call of Duty title was being developed by Sledgehammer and now Activision has teased a full reveal on Sunday, 4th May.

jpg

Little is known about this upcoming game, but we know its story will focus on the proliferation of Private Military Corporations. A teaser trailer for the game is a brief documentary made in conjunction with Vice about PMCs. Evidently, 62 per cent of the occupational forces in Afghanistan are PMCs, while the industry currently consists of an estimated 15 million people. It turns out the third-largest corporation in the world is a PMC entitled G4S, which bankrolls 620K employees.

It's not just a large industry, but a profitable one too, as it makes $200 billion a year globally - twice the cost of the entire Persian Gulf War. The US alone has spent $3.3 trillion on private defense contracts.

"With advanced weaponry, highly trained soldiers, billions of dollars at their disposal, and few regulations, what happens if they stop taking orders and start taking over?" the video ponders.

So the plot will revolve around battling a nefarious PMC. Could this mean Sledgehammer is brewing up a more grounded Call of Duty, or will we still have space battles and helicopter destroying dogs? Which would you prefer?

The only other thing we've seen is the image below from GameInformer and a Titanfall-esque ad for Sunday's reveal.

Sledgehammer was founded in 2009 by industry vets Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey who worked on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Dead Space. Perhaps this new team can breathe new life into this old warhorse?

jpg

Sledgehammer..... Megaton name in the developer stakes lol.

I'll never understand this. Massive franchise.... Hideous developer.

It's like Disney deciding to let the director of Home and Away take charge of the new Star Wars trilogy.

CoD G4S.....

G4

LOL!!! All those employees and still couldn't sort the Olympics security out. Perhaps this COD is based on being a 'frisker' at the 2014 Commonwealth games....

The guy in the game informer pics looks like hes about to go into Govan!!!

Sledgehammer..... Megaton name in the developer stakes lol.

I'll never understand this. Massive franchise.... Hideous developer.

It's like Disney deciding to let the director of Home and Away take charge of the new Star Wars trilogy.
As if it will stop you buying it.....

I managed to break the COD spell by not buying Ghosts...but I'll keep an eye on this anyway.

Looks interesting... could it actually happen? Of course it bloody could haha! Corporations run the planet pretty much as it is.

So it'll be good to kick their behinds :D but Sony is a corporation... hmm and I love Playstation.... hmmm... conflicting conscious haha

Shame they have ripped the idea straight from MGS though, and I guess this will still be made on it's years old but much improved games engine?

This year’s Call of Duty game is titled Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, according to a lengthy 2:40 trailer and several screenshots that have apparently fallen into the possession of Destructoid.

Citing a “trusted source”, Advanced Warfare is described as focusing on a private military company (helmed by a character portrayed by Kevin Spacey) that has turned on the US government.

The involvement of the House of Cards star was revealed earlier today. (via Destructoid)

The trailer itself is bursting with futuristic instruments of war, including soldiers clad in powerful Elysium-esque exosuits, large transport aircraft that can cloak themselves from the naked eye, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol-style gloves that allow the wearer to scale buildings, and hoverbikes.

The release date displayed at the end of the trailer is November 4.

Earlier today the official YouTube channel for Call of Duty published a short video focusing on private military contractors; the video revealed that in the next Call of Duty the world's most-powerful military is not a country, but a corporation.

The leak comes ahead of a planned andpreviously-teased May 4 reveal.

Advanced Warfare was one of several titles for potential Call of Duty games that Activision registered back in 2010. Future Warfare, Secret Warfare, and Space Warfare were some of the others the publisher earmarked at the time.

Love a bit of Kevin Spacey hamming it up.

I just know how much of a fan of the halo jumps Soundburst is. Sure he's going to love this!!!!

Have to say being a COD hater, that looks pretty dam amazing, and for Xbox One footage.

Could be a potential purchase IF it plays well.

The hype station has just docked :facepalm: :rotfl:

Just watched it. Holy good good the graphics look amazeballs.

Those ridiculous stupid sci fi jumps (why do gaming companies insist on the fact that in the future suite will make you jump high and yet your body will be able to happily accept 15-20 drops back to the ground without breaking your legs) better not be all floaty and stupid or they've ruined the game.

The last thing call of city's gameplay needs is turning into the kind of game with morons floaty jumping all around the map instead of running, or even worse - floaty jumping around the map AND double jumping with reinforced leg bones allowing infinite drops.

Wonder when we'll get some actual multiplayer footage. I will cry if people floaty jump. It's an insta-no-buy :(

Little is known about this upcoming game, but we know its story will focus on the proliferation of Private Military Corporations. ... "With advanced weaponry, highly trained soldiers, billions of dollars at their disposal, and few regulations, what happens if they stop taking orders and start taking over?" the video ponders.

So the plot will revolve around battling a nefarious PMC.

Ummmmm, are they short of ideas (again)?
PMC's trying for a power play, you're an operative with super advanced weapons and a suit - i'm sure that's familiar...

I'm guessing they've looked at sales dip, TitanFall and other more modern shooters, and decided there's only so long they can pedal out the "modern" setting. It may well be a change for the good, but i'm taking a huge wait-for-reviews-and-proper-gameplay before commiting.

Cool, here's hoping if you get a 25 Killstreak you get to play as Kaiser Soze :smashin:.

Nothing to get excited about in that trailer. With the near future tech focus I see nothing to differentiate it from Ghosts, Black Ops 2 and even MW3. They keep on about reinvigorating the series and then release near identical games 4 years on the trot. They need to do a historical one (nam, ww2) to break up the cycle of near future boredom.

Hopefully whatever comes at E3 will be more interesting

Kevin Spacey = cool.

Robbing bits from every recent 'near future' shooter...not so cool.

BUNGIE jumps, Titans, Cloaking, Wallhacks, Wall Runs, Quadcopter Drones...the list goes on.

I'm not a COD hater, I didn't buy ghosts as I'm not a huge fan of the recent infinity ward games. But I really enjoyed the multiplayer on BLOPS2. What I'm interested in seeing is proper gameplay footage. Are they still using the same engine or have they actually developed something to push next gen this time?

Kevin Spacey = cool.

Robbing bits from every recent 'near future' shooter...not so cool.

BUNGIE jumps, Titans, Cloaking, Wallhacks, Wall Runs, Quadcopter Drones...the list goes on.

I'm not a COD hater, I didn't buy ghosts as I'm not a huge fan of the recent infinity ward games. But I really enjoyed the multiplayer on BLOPS2. What I'm interested in seeing is proper gameplay footage. Are they still using the same engine or have they actually developed something to push next gen this time?
Think we all know the answer to this one lol.

I didn't bother with Ghosts and I'm now happily out of the COD yearly cycle so this will have to blow me away for me to buy it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom