Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (04/11/14)

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Sledgehammers first outing with the series.

Developed by Sledgehammer Games, Advanced Warfare will focus on a 'soldier of fortune' organisation helmed by an antagonist played by Kevin Spacey. This private military organisation has its target set on the United States government.

Brilliant trailer imo, I'm looking forward to it, noone has done mp as well as cod does.

The Futuristic Tech of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer - IGN

Last edited:

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Except Respawn... ;)
:D i disagree, the feel of titanfall was amazing, but the amount of people that have stopped playing it, me included, is a testament to the fact there just isnt enough there to stand the test of time, it lasted a month and then got boring, i can still stick on any of the cods and enjoy playing them.

Hopefully they'll flesh titanfall 2 out more, and just have more to it, because the formula and feel is a real winning one.

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
After ghosts :censored:
I will wait till after release ;)

AlpsUk

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Oh wait...........advanced warfare.............this is groundbreaking(ly boring)..............where has the originality gone out of gaming! I was hoping it would go back to the great online leveller that is WW2, but no.....we have another few years of copy and paste to look forward to !

Disappointed!!

stument

Distinguished Member
Looks soooooooooooooooo bad :thumbsdow

WWI or WWII!! or Riot!

Miss Chief

Can they actually do any thing new though? Would it sell? Do COD players want perks and kill streak rewards? I'm not sure that it would be as popular if they went back and Activision would also be worried and probably veto anything like that.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Can they actually do any thing new though? Would it sell? Do COD players want perks and kill streak rewards? I'm not sure that it would be as popular if they went back and Activision would also be worried and probably veto anything like that.
im not sure i want them to do anything new, just do what they do but do it well, its a winning formula for me, if they dont break the mp, and get the setting right, something ghosts couldnt do, i'd like to see a pre cold war with killstreaks and perks.

Miss Chief

im not sure i want them to do anything new, just do what they do but do it well, its a winning formula for me, if they dont break the mp, and get the setting right, something ghosts couldnt do, i'd like to see a pre cold war with killstreaks and perks.
The Perk options would be very limited for something just after WW2. No AC-130, no trick sights on your guns. They'd be reduced to more dogs or something. What perks could they have for something in the 50's? Bombs being dropped?

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
It's a definite no for me this time around. The game needs to die, die quickly.

I played Ghosts for about an hour and uninstalled it, i spent the following week disgusted in myself for buying it.

I've decided i'm no longer wasting money on poor graphics, average game play and generall dull as dish water gaming.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
It's a definite no for me this time around. The game needs to die, die quickly.

I played Ghosts for about an hour and uninstalled it, i spent the following week disgusted in myself for buying it.

I've decided i'm no longer wasting money on poor graphics, average game play and generall dull as dish water gaming.
Remember a similar but longer post on how you weren't going to buy the next COD before Dave.

See you there day one. :p

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Remember a similar but longer post on how you weren't going to buy the next COD before Dave.
Sadly he wasn't the only one who bought Ghosts. I still to this day have no idea what I was thinking :(

#brainfart

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Nope.

Didn't bother with Ghosts at all and was very pleased that I didn't go back on my promise to not buy it, which I unfortunately did with the COD game before that (MW3 was it?).

I won't be buying another COD game until they can be arsed to develop a new engine for it.

Miss Chief

I still think about picking up MW3 for the single player, especially as I played through MW and MW2 campaign and got to know the characters. Never even considered Ghosts and didn't buy BLOPS2 either.

slinger

Sadly he wasn't the only one who bought Ghosts. I still to this day have no idea what I was thinking :(

#brainfart
Same here! I've always been a COD fan but after Ghosts I very much doubt I'll bother with any future releases, that is unless they return too WWII

Razorclam

Almost tempted to get cod 1 (the only good cod game) as it's on sale on steam. But still £7.50. Lmao.
Carentan DM was the best!

stument

Distinguished Member
Almost tempted to get cod 1 (the only good cod game) as it's on sale on steam. But still £7.50. Lmao.
Carentan DM was the best!
I still play it! Rifles Only.... Love it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett