Call of Duty 5: World at War

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Call of Duty 5 has been officially confirmed by Activision, although no official title has been revealed, they have said that it will be set in a "a new military theater" which is intriguing. No idea who's developing this one, Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

Activision announced today fiscal year 2008 and fourth quarter results, confirming that the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series will arrive this fiscal year.

"We'll launch on all four platforms we've participated on in fiscal 2008, we'll launch on the PS2 and the Wii." said Activision Publishing president and CEO Mike Griffith.

Griffith also confirmed that Call of Duty 5 will be set in a "a new military theater"

Hounder

Novice Member
Please be Infinity...........:thumbsup:

Miss Chief

hmm, new military theater. Wonder who they'll antagonise this time? India vs Pakistan with UN/US 'peacekeeping'? North Korea? China? A fictitious conflict?

Razor

I would of been shocked if there wasnt a Call of Duty 5. I cant wait for this to come out. :clap:

H

harry69

Please be Infinity...........:thumbsup:
Agreed.
Cod4 has been a stunner from nowhere imho.
I have waited and waited for something to fill the void of rtcw/wolfenstein.
Which i played to death, and still do (mulitplayer) that is.
The battlefield series is stellar, no doubt and i love BF2.
But cod 4 online provided me with that think quick shooting from the hip fps oldschool type of fragging.

Whatever conflict in whatever era, if they match the work they did with cod4, ill be there.

Synchronicity

Id be quite happy if they had a crack at WW1,or decided to show Dice how it should be done and do a Vietnam based shooter,complete with funky soundtrack a la BF:Vietnam(possibly one of the best soundtracks ever from a game,well maybe on a par with the GTA series)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I was thinking about WW1 too, the weapons wouldn't be as over-powering as they are in COD4 too - maybe more chance to use strategy?

Usama

Novice Member
I would of been shocked if there wasnt a Call of Duty 5. I cant wait for this to come out. :clap:

Same here. :D :smashin: But IW better make it. :lesson:

wormvortex

Sigh they're taking the **** more and more with PC games now a days. Wished they'd let a series die and start creating more unique games. Pretty soon theres going to be no new games ever made. There will just be COD10, GTA15, Final Fantasy 100, GT17, Quake16 etc....:boring:

CommieKing

Standard Member
Id be quite happy if they had a crack at WW1,or decided to show Dice how it should be done and do a Vietnam based shooter,complete with funky soundtrack a la BF:Vietnam(possibly one of the best soundtracks ever from a game,well maybe on a par with the GTA series)

Not sure what you mean by this with dice, given the choice between bf vietnam and cod4, i would always play vietnam for multiplayer as this was in a different league.
I do agree however on the music, that game with heli's playing the music from the 60/70's whilst flying was a bit special:)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Well COD4 was such a revelation that if they keep pushing the envelope I don't care how many they make.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
But the XP system was a good incentive in multi-player. Personally these things don't bother me too much (I'm still only level 30!)

addyb

Distinguished Member
Whilst I agree there should be more original ideas but I loved cod4 so I will gladly take some more of that action.

booyaka

Whilst I agree there should be more original ideas but I loved cod4 so I will gladly take some more of that action.

same here - was looking for something to replace BF2 and Project Reality for me and COD4 arrived and did that well.

Still enjoying the online gaming aspect of it with clan mates and playing in Enemy Down leagues etc has also kept a nice level of interest up for me!

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I haven't played COD4 yet so a dumb question from me ! What's the XP system ?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It is the eXPerience point system which gives you better weapons/abilities in multiplayer as you complete certain challenges.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
It is the eXPerience point system which gives you better weapons/abilities in multiplayer as you complete certain challenges.
And from what I understand these are unlocks are persistant and don't get wiped after 1 campaign (eg 3 maps). So that means new people playing the game will be at a major disadvantage when playing the game.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
You're right, but it's the not the same as Quake Wars as it mainly affects new weapons that you can get. I regularly whoop ass with people on Lvl 55 - it doesn't put you at too much disadvantage being lower, it just means you won't have all the perks for all the weapon sets.

wormvortex

It's eXperience Point btw :hiya: and it COD4 it doesn't really help that much. Nothing to stop a Level10 owning a level 55. Now try playing Warcraft on Counter strike when your level 10 Vs a Level 40. It's next to impossible to kill them even if they can't aim :)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I realised it afterward I had written it but couldn't bother to change it! :p

I agree the level system is completely different compared to other games, but still gives you good incentives to level up.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
they have said that it will be set in a "a new military theater" which is intriguing.

I hope it's a fictional setting this time, obviously it would have to be a serious one in keeping with the series. Something like Peter F. Hamilton's The Reality Dysfunction - I'd really enjoy fighting on Lalonde.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
As interesting as that would be, I'm not sure whether I can see them going down the sci-fi route just now.

Synchronicity

As interesting as that would be, I'm not sure whether I can see them going down the sci-fi route just now.

I dont think it would be that much of a shock if they did,after all Dice took the path of BF:1942>BF:Vietnam>BF:2>BF:2142 (skipping the weird secret weapons effort).Saying that I have enough sci fi with ET:QW,I need some old school Vietnam or WW1 for a bit of variety.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett