Call of Duty 2 Xbox & Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by CatManDo, Nov 4, 2005.

1. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    I have got Call of Duty 2 pre-ordered for both Xbox and Xbox360.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to play online xbox to xbox360?

I have read that there should be some compatability, but not sure how it will work with live.

TIA

2. jim_is_ere

jim_is_ere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Pretty much impossible, considering that they are completely different games. The only thing thay share in common is the name
    Just go to any games site and you will find this info

Jim

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    No one really knows for show how online multiplayer will work between Xbxo and 360. MS has stated that people will be able to play online even some have an Xbox and others 360's. I would presume as along as the Xbox game in question is backward compatible and since essentially the Live service for both consoles is one and the same it should work just fine. The only thing that seems a bit questionable is the Live interface which is different on both consoles and the way stats are recorded on them. The Live service on the Xbox is quite basic compared to what is offered on the 360. Ofcourse this only applies to Xbox games ( not 360 games ) and the sane version of the game used by everyone.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    They have shown that the two are compatible and that someone on an X-Box can see if someone is online on their 360 in that sense. I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to play online against someone on the 360 using say Halo 2, Forza or another X-Box game as long as the game in question is backward compatible. I can't see it being possible to play someone using a different version of the game though (i.e. someone using the X-Box version of COD2 against someone using the 360 version of the game) as they are both completely different games with different code.

5. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Thanks guys....that does make sense.

I hope you can play live Xbox to Xbox360, I wanted to play against the Mrs on Live. As you said, as long as I have two copies of the game and the game is backwardly comptable it 'should' work!

I guess no one really knows until Dec 2 !

Thanks again.

6. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    The game on the Xbox is called Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One and is done by a completely different developer than the 360 game, which is called Call of Duty 2. The games are not compatible with one another.

If you play an Xbox game on the 360, it will be playable via Live with people who have the same game on the Xbox - MS have confirmed this. But, even if a game did come out on both formats, the 360 version of a game won't be compatible with the same game on the Xbox.

7. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Thanks Lorenzini,

I fully understand what you mean.

I should of checked the details of COD2, I can see now that they are completely different versions of the game.

Looks like its gonna be expensive for me then....I what XBox360 COD2, but then may have to buy 2 copies of Xbox COD2 if I want to play Live against my wife!

Looks like a better option is to not bother with COD2 on Xbox and just buy a pre-owned extra copy of the original COD in order to play on both consoles on Live.

Hey ho!

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    basically inifinity ward took the PC game and the 360 game and its going to rock a$$. they shunted the other console's off to another devloper and its going to be turd probably if the last xbox COD is to go by