• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Call of Duty 1 Fatal Error

J

Jaiku

I just bought a new computer that came with Windows Vista. For along time I have loved playing Call of Duty 1 Multiplayer. I installed it on this new computer but when I try to run the game it gives me some sort of Fatal Error.

Fatal Error
recursive error after: Menu load error: ui_mp/multiplayer_background.menu, line 26: attempting to change type from 0 to 1

My Specs are:
Proc: Intel Core 2 CPU 2.13 GHz
RAM: 2064 MB
Vid Card: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT

If you need anything else, just ask.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Probably of no help, but you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, after that it's likely to be vista, check for latest graphics drivers and COD patches for vista but compatability is likely to be the problem.

buffalo2102

As Abu says, try reinstalling but run the install program as Administrator. Then run the program as Administrator.

Once installed, right-click the program shortcut and select Properties. Then select to run the program in XP compatibility mode. It should work as I've seen that other people have got it running on Vista. Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom