1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call for settings.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gamerfreak2002, Mar 28, 2005.

1. gamerfreak2002

gamerfreak2002
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, could the fine good people on this forum share their plasma settings, regardless of the model/brand (but mentioning them, of course)? The idea is to get a "look and feel" of the right configuration to have, although being this highly subjective by its nature.

On a philips pf9966 my current settings are: contrast: 50, bright: 43, color: 49, tone: weak, digital option: pixel plus2, dynamic contrast: max, dnr max, color intensification: off. The image format, by the way, is autoformat.

2. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the real world knowing someones settings is not of much use.I know your trying to get a ball park area but still its not of much use.
    sorry to P on your parade.

oh my toaster tefal Four slice model is set on 4.5 its on auto crumpet mode any one else got a setting suggestion?

3. sdk

sdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is not subjective, there is a way it is ment to look and that is the right way. But there is diffrence between each tv.

4. gamerfreak2002

gamerfreak2002
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on guys, I said "regardless of the model/brand (but mentioning them, of course)", i.e. open the request for settings to all brands and models, but associate each setting with each tv, of course. Perhaps I wasn't too clear (english is not my primary language, after all). I've given my settings and was hoping for a bunch of others. From those, I'll compare mine against the ones regarding philips pf9966... lg-42px11 owners should compare their settings, pw6 owners idem, etc.

5. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    to be honest i think you are on a bit of a looser with this one :confused:

there are just too many inponderables to make sense of any settings provided - least of all source material

given that you are not uk based i imagine you are trying to do some sort of calibration - is there not an isf calibrator in Bahrain or the gulf states??

best of luck

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    this has been raised lots of times and it really is meaningless I'm afraid.