1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

caling all 2011 Owners....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jhjerpe, Apr 2, 2003.

1. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've had my 2011 for a couple of months now, been very happy with it. Just a couple of completely pointless things to discuss.... :)

Volume.... the various amps I have owned for the last 20 years that go 1-10 or 12. What's with this new fad of going from -50 to +12..? what's all that about? ;)

Pointless question given room, speakers etc but just out of interest.... What's the average volume setting people run at? So far it's been -10 to 15 for movies when the neighbours are out and -25 for normal TV etc....

Any other comments about the amp? I personally hate the remote!

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    -50? Mine goes from -80 to +12.

Typical music listening is -35. For movies -20 is pretty loud, I doubt I could watch a whole movie at that level. -25 to -30 is more like it. My room is 24' by 13' by 10' (LxWxH) though the speakers are in 2/3 of it due to furniture.

This is all using the acoustic calibration settings selected by the receiver during auto-setup.

I've only been playing with mine since last night but I am impressed so far. Review to follow shortly, maybe tonight if I have the time.

3. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    -80 it is ........ can't even claim that the 5 is next to the 8!

Personally I have found that the Auto set-up does the level and distanaces really well but not very pleased with the EQ settings. It's also a pain when the peoples mobiles keeps on ringing half wau through the set-up process!

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    ahhhh ... but it is ... use the numeric keypad and you can blame all your wrong numbers on typing errors!!

Vikki