caling all 2011 Owners....

jhjerpe

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2011 for a couple of months now, been very happy with it. Just a couple of completely pointless things to discuss.... :)

Volume.... the various amps I have owned for the last 20 years that go 1-10 or 12. What's with this new fad of going from -50 to +12..? what's all that about? ;)

Pointless question given room, speakers etc but just out of interest.... What's the average volume setting people run at? So far it's been -10 to 15 for movies when the neighbours are out and -25 for normal TV etc....

Any other comments about the amp? I personally hate the remote!

-50? Mine goes from -80 to +12.

Typical music listening is -35. For movies -20 is pretty loud, I doubt I could watch a whole movie at that level. -25 to -30 is more like it. My room is 24' by 13' by 10' (LxWxH) though the speakers are in 2/3 of it due to furniture.

This is all using the acoustic calibration settings selected by the receiver during auto-setup.

I've only been playing with mine since last night but I am impressed so far. Review to follow shortly, maybe tonight if I have the time.

-80 it is ........ can't even claim that the 5 is next to the 8!

Personally I have found that the Auto set-up does the level and distanaces really well but not very pleased with the EQ settings. It's also a pain when the peoples mobiles keeps on ringing half wau through the set-up process!

Originally posted by jhjerpe
-80 it is ........ can't even claim that the 5 is next to the 8!
ahhhh ... but it is ... use the numeric keypad and you can blame all your wrong numbers on typing errors!!

Vikki

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom