Calibration - OLED55B8SLC

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by NickedName, Jan 14, 2019.

1. NickedName

NickedName
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Yesterday, I bought a OLED55B8SLC. I've set it up, and it looks fairly good.

In the past, when I have bought TVs, there has often been some software installed on the TV, that allows me to adjust settings myself. So - instead of just thinking, I'll turn the contrast down, it would show me two photos and ask me to choose which one looks best. It's sort of like an eye-sight text I guess.

I'm aware that one piece of software that does this is THX, but I cannot find any apps like that on the LG App store. I can find one on my phone, but then cannot connect my phone to my TV.

Is there anyway that I can run some software like this? How can I calibrate the picture quality at home?

I was hoping that there were YouTube test videos or something, like 'turn your brightness up if you can't see the..."

Any ideas?

:)

2. NickedName

NickedName
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a PS4 Pro also - so possibly the software could run on there. It's where I'd be watching DVDs / playing games...

3. NickedName

NickedName
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?