Question Calibration Microphone.

u8myufo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished setting all the gear up after moving house and wanted to re-calibrate the Amp (Sony str-dn1080) and speakers. Only prob is I cannot find the mic. But do have the one from an old Onkyo 818 which I once had, is it likely that it would work?

Last edited:
You'd need to use the supplied mic or a Sony replacement for it. THe receiver's calibration targets only relate to that mic's profile. A third party mic will not result in a calibration that would be condusive with the stored calibration curves on that AV receiver.

It would allow you to run the calibration, but the results may not be optimimum and or correct?

You'd need to use the supplied mic or a Sony replacement for it. THe receiver's calibration targets only relate to that mic's profile. A third party mic will not result in a calibration that would be condusive with the stored calibration curves on that AV receiver.

It would allow you to run the calibration, but the results may not be optimimum and or correct?

Cheers, I was thinking that may well be the case, will have to have another search through a shed load of box`s of cables etc. Ya know I put it in one of those safe places so I wouldn`t lose it :laugh:

Whilst i can find a couple of sellers for the original mic, prices seem a bit much. however other searches seem to throw up these. Do you know if the curved flat mic with a left/right sensor was replaced with the round model?

Original calibration-mic-measurement-ecm-ac3.jpg

41GBjlgUI0L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Whilst i can find a couple of sellers for the original mic, prices seem a bit much. however other searches seem to throw up these. Do you know if the curved flat mic with a left/right sensor was replaced with the round model?

OriginalView attachment 1312916

View attachment 1312917
I’m in the same boat out mine somewhere I wouldn’t lose it but can’t find it haha think that might work if you want the actual replacement it’s £50!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom