Calibration Management Disc for C5 - Released!

Ndaa75

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

for those of us who do not own a PG for calibration, note i have just released a free download, Calibration Management Disc.

After 4 long weeks of battling with time and Adobe Encore finally the release of my calibration disc is here.
Note the disc has been designed to work with the enthusiast workflows in Calman 5 PRIOR to the latest beta release version 5.1.1 HT build 1188.
What does this mean? Well my disc only contains the 'classic' colour checker sequence of 24 colours and not the new colour checker or fleshtone SG sequences included in the latest beta build - perhaps these additional sequences will be included in future disc revisions. Also note the latest C5 revsion has reorganised the black and gray pattern order in the CC sequence so you'll have to manually select the order of these patterns - unfortunately I had already authored the pattern time lines when this became apparent! No big deal tho.

Ok, couple of other things to note.

Each pattern is displayed for 30 seconds only, therefore for some of you the pause button will become your best friend!
There are a coiple of reasons why this is.

1. Wasnt sure how big the disc would be once all patterns and sequences had been finalised.
2. Allows for future sequence upgrade, new pattern types and alternative software sequences additions, Chromapure for example.
3. Time is of the essence! As a taken man with a child ive been fortunate to have the time to create this disc as im currently on 3 months garden leave
smile.gif

Navigation.

Use the pop up menu whilst in sequence - this allows you to navigate to the main menu, calibration patterns menu, test patterns menu or any of the sequence options of your chosen pattern. Have a play and you'll see!

As an overview of what this disc contains, let me provide the details, as follows.

Pattern types.

1% windows and 1% APL
3% windows and 3% APL
7.5% windows and 7.5% APL
12% windows and 12% APL
Full Fields

All APL patterns have a constant 25% background.

Other sequences.

Dynamic Range
Grayscale including 2pt 30/80, 2pt 30/100, 10, 11, 21 and 23pt grayscale
Gamma Checker - 11 and 21pt
CMS - 25, 50, 75, 100
Colour Luminance - Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, White
20% Saturation steps for all primary and secondary colours
24pt 'Classic' colour checker

Testv Patterns - pretty straight forward, included a couple of my own - my own colour clipping patterns for one, and my 10pt channel checker pattern.
This pattern is used to determine how my contrast setting impacts my 10pt white balance settings.

Ok so the link to download is as follows.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4s6hw54uzer52j/CMDhd.zip?m

Unzip and burn image with imgburn to a standard DVD. Unzipped filesize should be 1.04 GB.
No AVCHD or MP4 version available currently but this will be worked on.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Mainmenu.png
    Mainmenu.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 75
  • calibrationpatternsmenu.png
    calibrationpatternsmenu.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 81
  • TestPatternsMenu.png
    TestPatternsMenu.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 3aplMENU_temp.png