1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calibration...is this OK?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VFRMan, Mar 5, 2005.

1. VFRMan

VFRMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have a lumagen scaler driving my BG808s which I want to calibrate using DVE PAL.

I am using 59.94hz 720p for region 1 & 3 and 62.5hz 720p for region 2 DVDs.

Am I right in thinking that for both these settings the barco is using the same input block and hence if I calibrate with DVE PAL, I am also calibrating for NTSC?

Cheers,
    Brian

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
  3. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Brian, Cant remember which version software you have in that unit (long time ago) but almost certain you have the memory bank enabled i.e version 7.61 etc
    Go into the service menu and check to see if you have "memorybank" and toggle it on,we may have done all this Brian but grey matter is not serving me well.
    Basically this allows you to have up to 8 individual memory's on each input type,but only up to a maximum limit of thirty two total blocks can be contained in the unit.
    Here's what you would do,on your current source whilst actually viewing lets say for eg 720 press the enter button on the remote,unit should display "mem 1" on screen.
    Then do the following, press enter quickly followed by pressing "2" unit should display "mem 2" creating a perfectly matched duplicate block,it will only remember and retain this block if you make a small change to something whilst there eg perhaps change vertical size by 1 point.
    Now press the enter button,sometimes a double press is needed,and by pressing the enter button it should go back to "mem 1" press it again and "mem 2" will pop up again.
    You could therefore have two blocks (or more) on the same frequency but with different brightness or colour or whatever.

james (crt)

4. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Gordon, I was scratching my head on that one,do you think Brian knows something we don't?

james (crt)

5. VFRMan

VFRMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gordon, James,

Why 62.5hz read it somewhere (on that other forum) thought I'd give it a go (and I lost the original 50hz setup whilst tinkering) and this allowed me to use the same memory block for ntsc and pal and only have to set the grey scale twice i.e. DVD's and DVHS

James, it's only a year since you set the projector up :rolleyes:

You set the memory bank so that I have 16:9 and 4:3 when I press enter for each source type, this works well although I can count the number of 4:3 dvd's I've watched on one hand (finding nemo is a good example).

I guess I should set my Pal input to 50hz and set the lumagen to genlock? (I have genlock set for ntsc DVD's) and buy avia or ntsc DVE?

Cheers,
    Brian