Calibration B6V with Spyder 4

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by crsnwby, Jan 4, 2017.

1. crsnwby

crsnwby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I have been looking into doing the calibration of my new set but dont have the software needed for it so tried HCFR but its a tad tricky.

I looked at calMANs free color match software but it doesnt find my Spyder device just always says simulated on the workflow. I thought as it is free it would work, it finds it in the main options and puts it in the list of meters but in red, then i cant find it in the actual work flow settings...

any ideas?

Or something with a workflow that I could use which is free?

2. crsnwby

crsnwby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I had a tinker with HCFR and guessing what the TV settings do. I guessed that 2 point is the adjustment increments, with 20 point being finer adjustments. I also guessed that low means the bottom end of the scale adjusts and high means the top end of the scale adjusts. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

Also I was just doing the grey scale for now to see how it changes when I adjust settings. Is this graph looking better than stock? I assume I'm trying to get them all aligned to 100%.. or as close as I can.

[​IMG]

3. raymondo77

raymondo77
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,679
    Yes that's correct.

There's a dedicated 2016 OLED calibration thread here: LG OLED 2016 - Calibration Thread

I'd recommend having a read through there, a lot of the forum members in there use HCFR and you should be able to get better info than I'd be able to give you.

4. crsnwby

crsnwby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks read the old guide for grey scale that used HCFR as a reference which gave me this output which I think is good... hopefully. I used 2 point for now just to learn how it works.

[​IMG]

5. crsnwby

crsnwby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Does anyone have the TV settings for the gamma, gamut etc I should be using and the hcfr settings just in case. As I'm using settings pulled from lots of threads which may not be correct.