1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calibrating spl with DVE and the arcam700

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by dk358, Sep 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dk358

dk358

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I calibrated my speakers (genesis 6.1 system) with the radio shack analog meter, C weighting and on the slow setting. I noticed there was no 75 db setting, so I switched back and forth from the 70 to the 80 db settings. It was interesting to note the readings were close, but not the same. Is there anyway to defeat the 700's internal test tone so you can use DVE on your dvd player? I notices the levels (between the avr700 and my pio 59avi running the pink noise test in chapter 9) are no where even similar. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Tamas

Tamas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi, to use DVE just press the "trim" button on your remote - your on screen display should show your speaker trim settings - using the arrow down button on the remote you should be able to scroll to each speaker - using the left and right arrows you should be able to adjust each speaker level. Once you are happy with the levels from Dve - enter the main menu and save your new settings.

Regards, Tom

3. dk358

dk358

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much!