1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calibrating Sony HS10 :-(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pulsar, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hello.

I have had my HS10 for a few weeks now, but can't seem to get a satisfactory picture from it. I have purchased a CC40R filter for it and an AVIA disc, but can't seem to get close to a 'good' picture. Most of my troubles are associated with colour balance. I can't seem to get this right, the picture never looks natural as it always has a colour bias. Please help me!!!!!

What can I do to try and correct this? I have heard of a thing called SMART callibration, but I think this is quite expensive. Can any recommend a pro that could come to my house, but won't rip me off?

I really do love the HS10, but this issue is stopping me from enjoying films, and I would like to get it sorted ASAP.

All replies are gratefuly recieved.

Cheers

Rob

BTW, I have read the detailed thread on AVS, and have changed the Bias and Gain settings. I have kept the origional settings so they can be restored.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    SMART is designed to get maximm contrast from the unit. It works on basis that the colour temeperature setting you use is correct in first place.....and they are not.

I do ISF greyscale calibration of display devices and can help. In fact I can possibly come and do a SMART calibration combined with an ISF one for you. Email me at

convergentav@btinternet.com

for details

Gordon

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gordon

Can you recommend a colour analyser suitable for LCD front projection? I'm looking around at the moment with a view to buying one and with a view to learning how to perform the D65 greyscale calibration.

Cheers
    John

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    You can look at Progressive Labs, Sencore or Milori products.

Gordon

My preference is for first and last.