Calibrating Sony H820

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sutton8, Jan 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sutton8

sutton8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Hi,

I am using the H820 with my PC's and would like to manually calibrate the levels with a sound meter. When you play the onboard test tones it just loops through all the speakers for a couple of seconds on each making it very difficult to set the level for each speaker.

I know there are downloadable test tones available that don't toggle in this way but does anybody have a link to one.

Cheers

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,370
    return/go back whilst the test tone is playing and then navigate to the levels settings. The tone will play through the speaker you are on in the levels menu.

3. sutton8

sutton8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    OK ta I'll give that a bash later.

4. sutton8

sutton8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Just tried and unfortunately did not work. There is no tone played in the menu where you set the levels. The only tone is the auto one and that seems to be more for checking that there is sound coming out of all the speakers rather than intended to allow you to calibrate with a meter. On my other amp you can stay on an individual tone for as long as you like before choosing to move onto the next.

Ah well, the speakers are all very close to each other anyway and the levels not much away from zero, apart from the sub, so I'll use the Sony's own auto settings as an approximation for now.