Calibrating Samsung QE65Q950 with i1Display Studio

Sonnyshogun

Novice Member
Hi

I have a QE65Q950 Samsung TV which I use as a pc monitor. I wish to calibrate the monitor so I get the right colors doing photo editing. My calibration device is a i1Display Studio. When I start the included calibration software it asks what kind of technology type my monitor has. It defaults to "White LED", the other options are: CCFL, Wide Gamut CCFL, RGB LED, OLED, Plasma, GB-LED, Projector, PFS Phosphor. When I started the calibration process it crashed after doing 118 color patches. I contacted x-rite support which said that that usually happen when the technology type was wrong. Support did not know which technology Samsung QLED is.

So my question is: What technology type shall I choose for my Samsung TV in the 1Display Studio software?

Thanks in advance!

Agent Noble

I've searching this topic before and never found a conslusive answer but did read something on the AVSForum that GB-LED was the right choice for QLED screens.

I would avoid using the i1 Display software though, it's generally regarded as rubbish, and do it manually. I've used HCFR & more recently CalMan with a i1 Pro on a 55" & 65" Q85R's and got excellect results using the GB-LED option as when I did the same using the WhiteLED option I wasn't impressed with the results.

The adjustments I had to make using GB seemed much more plausible too, small tweeks here and there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom