Question Calibrating a projector

Sally92

Hi guys. So I purchased the viewsonic px 747 from amazon for an amazing price recently and find the projector is great but I wanted to know is there any calibration software of discs that I can use to get the best picture out of it? It's very hard to find something online in terms of calibration software or discs.

I'm definitely no expert in this field but would certainly appreciate any help

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
One of the easiest things and also one of the more important things to do is set the brightness and contrast - they actually set the white and black levels of the image and ensure you're not crushing any detail at each end of the range.

If you know how to burn a disk, this one here is very good and will allow you to do that, and it's free:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-...48496-avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration.html

Video:

To calibrate the colour gamut and greyscale requires software and a colorimiter, and that requires a bit more of a learning curve.

akk0091

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Possibly - the link will probably tell you more about that and if it's possible, and if the player/source/whatever can read those formats from the USB.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom