Calex Remote/Smart Bulbs (Tesco)

samd1991

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum.

I have Calex smart bulbs throughout my house and they have always been great, never had any issues. Until recently I have used voice via google, motion sensors and my phone to control them however I do have one Calex Remote Control (Calex Smart Remote Control - Calex)

These are now discontinued and in the few places online they are available they are far more expensive than I paid or wish to pay.

My question is, what protocol/type of connection does the remote control use to connect with the bulbs. The remote isn't present as a device in the app and is paired with the bulbs by pressing a series of buttons. Does anyone know of any alternative remotes or "smart buttons" that can be programmed to control the Calex bulbs in a similar fashion?

MAny thanks in advance.

Sorry to jump on your post (mods feel free to remove) & I am unable to answer your question but have just got some of these as smart plugs. Most work OK but one of them is scheduled to come on at 5pm & go off at 12.30,.for some reason it goes of at midnight. Do you have any ideas why? Tried adjusting to 11pm at it works fine....help!

I have made a mistake setting timers in the past where if I want a device to turn off at (say) half past midnight, as far as the app is concerned that is 0030 the next day. Depending on how precise the programmer is, this may be the reason why it works at 11pm but not after midnight?

I have made a mistake setting timers in the past where if I want a device to turn off at (say) half past midnight, as far as the app is concerned that is 0030 the next day. Depending on how precise the programmer is, this may be the reason why it works at 11pm but not after midnight?
OK thanks that might be it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom