1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabling Video Sender

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by rushdenx1, Feb 10, 2005.

1. rushdenx1

rushdenx1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Gigaair 2424 video sender. I want to watch Sky on a second TV. The transmitter and receiver each have a scart socket, but I do not know where to plug them in. The TV transmitting the signal has a Sky box and DVD/Video player connected. The TV has 3 scart sockets AV1, 2 & 3. The Sky box and DVD both have 2. Apart from AV3 all sockets are already used so I am presuming I will have to get a scart splitter, but which socket do I need to plug the video sender into so Sky is transmitted. The receiving TV has only 1 scart socket and is connected to another DVD/Video with 2 scarts. Where does the receiving video sender scart go. Once it is connected does the TV have to be tuned in to recieive the signal ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kevin

2. scottyjock

scottyjock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

got the same sender myself last week.

If you connect with scart leads:

Sky to TV
    Sky to DVD
    DVD to Gigaair
    DVD to TV

then you should be able to transmit Sky and DVD to 2nd TV AND watch Sky and DVD on 1st TV. Make sure the little Infra red remote eye is close to both Sky and DVD so you can control them from afar.

If you don't want/need to transmit DVD to 2nd TV then:

Sky to TV
    Sky to Gigaair

DVD to TV

will transmit Sky only, and leave DVD on 1st TV. For 2nd TV with 2nd DVD player and Gigaair reciever you'll need to use a splitter for both connections as Gigaair needs to go into TV.

3. screechyboy

screechyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Gigaair 24 24 and im baffled:

Main TV

Has Two Scart sockets in the back.

* My Sky is plugged into the first Scart Socket.

* My DVD is plugged in to the second socket.

* My GigaAir 24 24 is pluged in to the second Scart Socket on my Sky box.

Portable TV

* Also has two scart sockets in the back.

* My GigaAir Reciever is plugged into the TV In Scart (i have tried the other but it makes no difference)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Absolutly Nothing Transmitted ?????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Im a flipping IT Technician but im buggered if i can get my head around this any help is greatly appreciated!

4. Chilaz

Chilaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have me baffled too :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm looking into buying a Gigaair video sender and was wondering if the video quality is any good, is there a noticeable difference in quality from the source to the receiver? That's if you can get it working...

Thanks