1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabling up my Philips 32PW9528

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gremalkin, Dec 10, 2004.

1. gremalkin

gremalkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All - I have just got a Philips 32PW9528 and I would appreciate your advice on how best to connect my Panasonic DVD S-75 player and Panasonic 130 SVHS video recorder. I don't have any Sky or digiboxes - just an aerial strapped to the chimney connected with co-ax.

I thought it was just a case of using a SCART to connect each of these to the back of the television...

For the DVD
    how do I tell the Philips that it is to treat the incoming signal as RGB - it seems to come up on the screen as CVBS. Panny is set for RGB output. Does the Philips detect what type of signal is coming in? Should I be using the Composite option (that is Y/C, right?) instead and if so, how?
    Do I need to connect any audio cables from the DVD to the TV? I do not have an external amp and the television has a dolby decoder inbuilt - using the telly's inbuilt speakers for now.

For the SVHS
    what connections do I need to make? Is the SCART enough? How can I be sure that the SVHS signal is being used? Audio connection needed?

For the aerial
    Currently plugged into the VHS and then chained to the telly to the co-ax input. Surely no other option as I record analogue broadcasts at obscure hours (spot the OU student) when the television is off.

I admit to a large portion of ignorance in many matters - including AV cabling.... so if someone could tell me how they would set this lot up it would be much appreciated.