Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cabling option

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by therat, Aug 29, 2005.

1. therat

therat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a Hitachi 32LD7200 on order and will need to buy some new cables to connect everything up and would like some advice. I will have the following to connect to the set

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD player
    Sky +
    XBOX

I currently have the DVD player & Sky+ linked via scart leads as the current TV only has one scart socket.
    For the XBOX I already have the Official Scart leads from Microsoft unitl the 360 is launched, I have the premium pack on order so will be using the component cables for that. Any advice appreciated.

2. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Assuming it has scart, component and s-video inputs you would use the scart for DVD, component for X-box and s-video for Sky+ - the other option is to use an RGB - VGA converter for the Sky+ I guess - unless you have an AV amp with component switching

3. therat

therat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I dont have any other equipment at the moment. Other items will hopefully be added in due course.