Cabling NTL box to Sony DAVS-C8

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by MaKSiNG, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi All,

Help please!

I have the following hardware:
    1) Sony FQ75 TV (3 scart inputs)
    2) Sony DAVS-C8 Home Cinema System (1 scart output and various phone type inputs)
    3) Regular NTL cable box (2 scart input/output)
    4) Philips VCR (2 scart input/output)

The DAVS is a new addition (and I know you don't rate it on here but I like Sony kit and it looks neat) previously I had a regular Sony DVD player in its place.

Everything was connected fine prior to the new addition. The DVD was connected via its S-Video out to the TVs Scart in (AV2). I was hoping the DAVS would connect in the same way but that would be too easy :nono: The DAVS does not have a S-Video out, so I have used the SCART out to connect to the TVs SCART in (AV2). This works a treat for DVD playback. However, obviously there is not connection to take the signal from the NTL box through the DAVS.

The amp allows me to switch between different functions like TV, Cable, AV1, etc. Now there are a number of connections on the back labeled for AV1 and AV2 inputs which would then allow me to get sound if I went to the respective function in the menu, but I seem to be some connections short on the NTL box. There are only 2 scart sockets I can see and they are both taken up. One from the VCR and the out to the TV.

So my question is where does the connection that goe into the AV1 or AV2 input on the DAVS come from to get sound when watching TV or watching NTL?
    Also I am guessing it will need to be a Scart > some sort of phono plug array cable, is that right?
    Is my S-Video cable redundant now?

Thanks in advance,
    MaKS

2. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Please, any hint from anyone?