Cabling it all up.

ohoward

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a SAMSUNG PS50C96HDX, to which I want to connect my xbox 360 and PC.

The easiest way, of course, would be to connect the xbox via component and the PC via the PC connection (which I'm assuming is VGA?).

However, I'm an awkward git and want the xbox on VGA so when I play SD DVD's the xbox will upscale them. Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if this is as easy as you want it.

But for me with my Xbox360 and PC which I have both connected via VGA to my Panasonic LCD.

I bought a 4m Profigold VGA Male To Female Extender.

I then just connect this to the back of the LCD and then manually switch between the Xbox VGA into the female socket of the Profigold or the PC's VGA into the Profigold.

As I am not messing around with changing anything on the back of the TV the switch takes less than 3 seconds and it is a very cheap way of achieving what both you and I wanted.

The other option is to use VGA KVM switches which from what I had read all loose some PQ through the switch.

The final option is to buy a PC graphics card which has digital DVI out and connect this to your TV via either DVI (If it has it) or via a DVI to HDMI converter cable.

Hope this helps
Anthony

Lindy do some VGA switches which will be less overkill than a KVM switch. I haven't used / seen it but I've used other Lindy products and they've all done exactly what they say on the tin.

The final option is to buy a PC graphics card which has digital DVI out and connect this to your TV via either DVI (If it has it) or via a DVI to HDMI converter cable.

I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. My PC has a pretty good GFX card, this seems like the best way to go. Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom