• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cabling hole

wizzbizz

Standard Member
hi all need a bit of advice. the spark brought some of my cables from the tv down through the wall to 50 cm from the floor. Unfortunately whikw bringing them though he had left an ugly hole in the wall. could anybody suggest a way of covering this whole while without hamoering the cables.
the hole is about 14 x 10 cm but l may be able to reduce this with a bit of plaster

jamfortea

Established Member
wizzbizz said:
hi all need a bit of advice. the spark brought some of my cables from the tv down through the wall to 50 cm from the floor. Unfortunately whikw bringing them though he had left an ugly hole in the wall. could anybody suggest a way of covering this whole while without hamoering the cables.
the hole is about 14 x 10 cm but l may be able to reduce this with a bit of plaster

I fitted a plasterboard access cover to my cable hole. Got it from B&Q in the plasterboard section. It is basicly a white plastic hinged flap about 200mm x 150mm, that you can paint if you like. Although I have the flap slightly open at the moment with the cables coming out, I plan to add some cut-outs to the flap to make it look neat. You don't mention what wall type you have but I guess it would fit a solid wall if the hole was made the correct size.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom