1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabling Help

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by antsplan, Sep 16, 2004.

1. antsplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Guys please help out a novice.

I need to mount my new Pioneer Viera plasma in one room and my marantz amp and dvd player, SKY+ in another room. I reckon the cable run is approx 5m max.

I have drawn a diagram and reckon i need 5m Component cable (Plasma to DVD), 5m scart to scart cable (plasma to sky+). I already have all of the other cables for the connecting the rest of the equipment that will be side by side.

My question is then, is this the best way to do this, if so how much should i pay for cables, what kind of cables should I buy (im on a very limited budget BTW). Also id like to connect my pc to the plasma for playing Itunes etc through it. I reckon this will be svideo to scart (picture)(again 5m) and jack? to phono on my pc sound card (sound)(1m), Is this correct or is there a better way to do it.

Last question I need to control DVD/AMP/SKY + from same room as plasma and therefore there will be no line of IR sight to these devices, is the powermid IR to RF to IR convertor any good ?

All help appreciated.