1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabling for LCD Installation

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by aramil2003, Jun 12, 2005.

1. aramil2003

aramil2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently wall-mounted my Sharp 32GD1E and now I'm taking it down to upgrade the speaker cable I used to feed to the centre speaker.

Before I started re-plastering the track I've dug in the wall, I started thinking that I might be better feeding the power cord through a seperate track than the speaker & system cable (which carries the video signals to the LCD) track.

I've heard talk about power cables distorting signal cables (i.e. audio & video) when you run them along side. Then I've heard dismissals claiming, "Your power cord will be shielded, so it wont cause any interference".

So my question is: Before I re-plaster, should I take out the power cord and run it seperately?

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks guys.

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose it depends on the power cord in question, if it just a bog standard jobbie it probably isn't shielded and therefore would be better seperated from any other cables. One chase in the plaster would probably be best for you (and the wall!) If the cord is shielded put them altogether otherwise get yourself a shielded power cord :thumbsup:

3. aramil2003

aramil2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get a shielded power cord from? I need 4 metres of it....

Also, would I be able to see a difference in both picture and sound if I used shielded?