Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cabling between aconda/jamo dvr50/sky+

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by steevo, Jan 5, 2004.

1. steevo

steevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already have the loewe aconda and a sky+ with a toshiba dvd and and I plan to replace the dvd with a jamo dvr 50 all-in-one home cinema system. The present config is cabled up using scarts.

I'm now looking for guidance on the best cabling configuration between a loewe aconda, a jamo dvr 50 home cinema system and a sky + box, so that I can order the right cables.

My best guess, and I have little knowledge in these matters, is to use the component connections between the dvd and the tv - but I seem to recall that you need to be really careful about the cable spec for a loewe - any recommendations?

Audio configuration would appear to be best served by connecting the optical out from the Sky+ into the jamo.

And that's about as far as I have got, which leaves the following questions:
    - are the above assumptions correct and if so what cables can be recommended?
    - do I use the scart for passing video between the sky+ and the tv, or do I try to feed it via the dvd?
    - how do I feed the audio from the tv into home cinema unit?

Any feedback on these conundrums would be most welcome.....