Cablesson HDMI Splitter Not Switching On

bigfecker

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a Cablesson HDMI splitter for a while but recently without any change to hardware or setup its intermittently not routing the HDMI signal on power on of TV/AMP/SkyHD box.

The only way to get it to route the signal is pull the power wire out and plug it back in once all the kit has powered on.

I have it set up as:

Sky HDMI out to Splitter
HDMI cable from splitter to LG TV in Dinning Room
HDMI cable from splitter to Yamaha AV Receiver which then routes to Panasonic TV

The signal always routes to the LG TV without issue but is intermittent to the Yamaha AV Reciver/Panasonic TV

Power to splitter is permanently on expect when I have to unplug to get it to route the HDMI signal.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Ensure the Firmware on all of your devices is up-to-date then power cycle the system - everything Off at the wall.

Joe

Can you try bypassing the Yamaha AVR – power everything Off at the Wall, re-wire then power on again.

Joe

Ok.

SkyHD to Splitter
Splitter to TV's
(optical out from SkyHD to amp as before)

Seems better but again I get inconsistent results.

Turning on everything the picture comes on and the LED on the spitter lights up and I get a picture via HDMI1 input on the TV, audio out of the AV receiver.

Obviously I can't now switch to another input from the AV receiver or use the OSD so I plugged the output of it into HDMI2 on the TV.

When I switch to HDMI2 on the TV and put the AV receiver input to the Xbox or Apple TV (which works fine) and then switch back to HDMI1 on the TV to get Sky the splitter does not come back on, red LED stays off. To ge the splitter to work I have to power it off and on by pulling the plug.

Confused! :confused:

Appreciate your help :)

Last edited:
Go through the Set-up Menus on all connected devices and anywhere it mentions HDMI or CEC Control disable it – then power-cycle the system.

Joe

Go through the Set-up Menus on all connected devices and anywhere it mentions HDMI or CEC Control disable it – then power-cycle the system.

Joe

Nothing on the TV
Nothing on the Sky box
AV Receiver has HDMI control but it was already off

Still the problem persists.

Gave Cablesson a call.

Advice was to try splitting the signal using a different source such as a BluRay player rather than the SKY box as they believe a firmware update from SKY can cause this issue as SKY don't want you splitting an HDMI signal as they want to sell you multiroom!

Thoughts?

I'll give it a go later and see if the splitter plits and comes on.

I've seen similar reports - though haven't had any calls from our customers using our Octava HDDA12 or newer HDDA12A - and we have a lot of those installed with SKY box's.

Our kit is firmware updateable so we can usually cope with this type of problem if we hit it!

Joe

I've seen similar reports - though haven't had any calls from our customers using our Octava HDDA12 or newer HDDA12A - and we have a lot of those installed with SKY box's.

Our kit is firmware updateable so we can usually cope with this type of problem if we hit it!

Joe

Thanks, Im sure its a quality piece of kit but its quite expensive.

‘Thanks, Im sure its a quality piece of kit [-]but its quite expensive[/-] which works’ :devil:

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom