Cables....

Tim Cooper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some interconnects to connect a Tag AV32R to Rotel RMB-1095 power amp, nothing to esoteric..
Also I've been told that changing the IEC lead (Kettle lead) will also reap some benefits can someone recommend any??
Thanks
Tim

I am pensive to put an answer to this! There are so many debates as to whether cables matter. I would go for some of the lower end van der hul cables. Anything more is probably wasting money to my ears.

Changing the mains lead is beneficial to an extent, some of the woven designs reduce emi hence less noise in your signal. There are plenty of threads on this...... i think there was one in the general forum within the last week or 10 days.

Ad

TAG says that replacing the standard power cord doesn´t improve anything, (their gear, of course)...

forgot that the lead was a tag lead! Maybe you should get a russ andrews mains lead and see if tag are right or just not wanting to admit possible improvemnt not down the themselves!

ad

Originally posted by buns
forgot that the lead was a tag lead! Maybe you should get a russ andrews mains lead and see if tag are right or just not wanting to admit possible improvemnt not down the themselves!

ad

Trie dit and no improvement :p

Steve

What sort of lead comes with the tag? I have never seen anyone suppl aything other than standard cables....... a well designed mains cable should have sonic advantages beside a standard parallel conductors type of lead (or whatever you call it!). Maybe you didnt listed close enough Steve! :p

ad

TAG's mains cables are well engineered as is the PS so hence no need for RA's (although I have got them :p )

Steve

Somehow i think it is best to bow down and say im wrong! If i were you i would keep a link open to this statement because you may well never hear it again!

Ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom