Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cables with Denon 1905 no AUDIO

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ryounglaw, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ryounglaw

ryounglaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the AVR-1905 and I am still learning the features. Yesterday, the audio on both the DVR Cable Box and the DVD Player stopped working. I do not know whether my girlfriend pushed a wrong button on the receiver or something happened to my monster optical cable. I do not believe anything is broken because I hooked my Xbox up to the RCA port and it will play thought the front speakers. Also the radio works just as before in surround sound, so I know its not my speakers.
    The one thing I have noticed is that the DVD cable box is set AUTO but they constantly read analog. I thought they should read digital. All the digital optical cable are hooked up and are fully connected. The assignment is correct and I have already reset the microprocessor. I was hoping there is something I missed, like a button that is stopping the receiver from receiving optical signals. I just do know. If it was either the DVD or the cable box alone I would think it was the cables. But they both stopped working at the same time. Please help?? Can it still be the cables