1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cables to use with new LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TommyT, Oct 15, 2005.

1. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

I have posted a thread in the cables section but no one seems to read that :(

I have just ordered (within the past couple of days) a new LCD TV (VideoSeven LTV32H) with the following connections.

Antenna
    Cinch (Composite Video in, Audio in/out)
    S-Video
    Scart 1 (SRGB in, Composite/Video in, TV Out)
    Scart 2 (SRGB in, Composite/Video in, TV/AV Out)
    VGA (RGB in)
    DVI-D (HDCP, Video in)
    Component YUV (Video in)
    Headphone/Subwoofer out, PC Audio in

The full spec of the TV is here:::
    http://www.videoseven.de/mediadata/... 32H en.pdf

SO, what I wanted to ask you all is what cables I should have for connecting.

I have the following which I NEED connected are:
    a DVD recorder (Sony),
    Telewest (Scientific Atlantic)
    Amplifier (Sherwood) Although I know this is probably going to be linked to the DVD Recorder.
    really I am wondering if I should use the DVI to connect the TV and the Telewest..is it possible? Or is it scart to the three red, white, yellow connection?

May be silly, simple stuff to you experts but don't know much about the whole Audio/Entertainment side of things. Just know I like a decent picture while watching DVD's and Cable.

SO because I am waiting for the LCD I was hoping to have all the cables ready for as soon as it arrives ( Yep ..just a big kid).

So what are the best ways to connect the stuff I need to the LCD i.e. What shall I order just now to get the best picture/sound so they arrive at same time or before the LCD?

Any help is apprectiated. :lease:

Cheers,
    Tommy