1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cables needed for recording though AV receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mitchvon, Dec 5, 2004.

1. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to set up my system to record from CDs to a minidisc recorder whilst using an AV receiver. For some reason or other I can only record from the built in FM tuner or a record turntable. I cannot record from CD or DVD.
    My equipment and connections are as follows;
    Pioneer DV575 DVD/SACD player connected to a Yamaha RXV350 AV receiver by way of 3 pairs of RCA cables (for the 6 channel playback of DVD-As and SACDs) and a digital optical cable. The minidisc recorder is connected to the receiver by way of 2 pairs of RCA cables (one for input and one for output). The phono is connected to the receiver by way of 1 pair of RCA cables.
    What other connection (if any) do I need to make in order for the minidisc to record from the DVD/SACD player?
    NB. The minidisc recorder does have one socket for a coaxial cable and one socket each for optical IN and OUT.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    assuming mini disc is connected to a tape loop i suggest you read the manual ass there may be specific tape/recording selector also is DVD connected via digital or analogue to amp? may have to be analogue for analoge recording

3. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm not sure what a tape loop is, but DVD is connected to amp by digital optical cable AND 3 pairs of RCA analogue cables.

4. lucidnightmares

lucidnightmares

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could use another set of RCA cables to attach the DVD player to one of the working set of analog ports (either tape or turntable)

Good Luck!

Jon

5. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did what you said - it now works perfectly. thanks