1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cables for dvd to projector?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jimster, Mar 22, 2005.

1. jimster

jimster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've recently purchased a sony dva sb200 home theatre system to use with my Epson EMP TW10H projector that i've just purchased.

Basically i've found out that my dvd system only has a scart output to connect to my projector and am wondering what the best connection would be. I can't find out whether its RGB supported but have a feeling it is. It seems quite hard to get some detailed specifications about this product .. theres just a couple lines here: http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/go/shopbotGo?catId=126701&merchantId=302501&pkey=0&orw=true
    with scart (RGB) mentioned.. whether its correct?

the connections on the projector are: composite, s-video, component and RGB .. more info here: http://www.laaudiofile.com/home10.html

I am likely to need at least a 5m to 10m cable to connect the system together incase i have it ceiling mounted. Does anyone know of any specific or decent cables that would be compatible with this system?

at present i have some tacky 10m scart to s-video cable (i believe normally labelled pc to tv kit) as its got a scart convertor on one end ... and basically am sure this is going to give me a pretty poor picture..

thanks in advance

Jim

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    the projector may use a dongle to adapt the PC input to scart..... A dVD player with component out put would be the the best idea......

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,029
    jimster

Assuming:

01 Your source is Outputting RGB+ Composite sync via its SCART socket.

02. Your Projector supports RGB+ Composite Sync via its HD15 (VGA) Input socket.

Then a custom VanDamme Red Series SCART to HD15 cable at 10m wired for RGB+ Composite sync will cost around £120.00.

I'd call tech support at Epson though to confirm the HD15 socket will work with RGB+ Composite sync - the brochures not overly clear.

Best regards

Joe

4. jimster

jimster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey,

thanks guys.. I'll contact epson and likewise sony just to be sure. Hopefully my picture wont be to bad with the cable i currently have for the mean time, but i've got a feeling it will. Also never realised how expensive a decent cable can be. I guess its 10m and for optimum quality.

Does anyone know some of the best sites to purchase cables from? Thanks again? :confused:

Jim