Cables for component?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mikeaitch, May 9, 2001.

1. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi guys
    Although this is not strictly a projectors only question, I thought this forum most likely to give me the best answers..
    Question;
    I want to take advantage of the better quality component outputs on my Tosh RPTV, whilst I pursuade the missus that what we really need is a projector. Does anybody have any recommendations as to which cables will give me an improvement over svhs without spending a fortune? I need around 8-10m X 3 . How will this length affect performance?
    Thanks in advance

2. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    try http://www.bettercables.com/ , up until then I was using an ixos S cable and a bog standard component.

the s-video was quite a lot better than the component which flew in the face of what i had seen before.

however I then got a component lead from the above and the increase was subtle but worthy. basically the colours were more natural and skin tones were more exact. there was possibly an increase in white detail.

the cables are not that expensive compared to other makers and are custom hand made. but the shipping is expensive and i got stung by customs which was brokered by UPS who also charge a scandalous £10 for the privilage.

so I ended up paying £ 135 for a component cable and S-cable that would have cost me about £60 for the two had I lived in america.

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have to agree. Better cables are highly rated by folks over at the AVS forum.

4. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Sorry, had to take the wife away for the weekend (working on her for that projector! )
    Thanks for the info, I'm lucky cos my sister is visiting from the States in a month, so I should maybe save some money. Why does nobody on this side of the pond do these cables?